Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by dryheat View Post
    Jackasses.
    No, you were right the first time. They're horses.

I can see fault both ways. The guy with the horn should have slowed down and passed if necessary. The guy that slowed down to look at the horses probably should have pulled over.

Just like the fat women who shop at WalMart and plug up the aisle's, you can't drive like you're the only one on the highway.

Quote Originally Posted by dryheat View Post
    People drive like maniacs in AZ. I blame California. We are also number one in the nation for road rage incidents. That ranges from yelling and flipping someone off to shooting. I few months back I was standing alone the road getting some pictures of wild horses. A guy slowed down to take a look and this giant GMC laid on the horn. It was as loud as a train horn. Jackasses.

Attachment 53782
    I just pulled into Williams Az from MO. Set the cruise on 75 at the Ok border and had a nice three day drive. Only problem was that a lot of folks like to drive 85+ and the right hand lane of I40 is pretty beat up. I stayed in the left lane when I could and just moved over when needed. Beautiful scenery all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by pcox View Post
    . . . . and the right hand lane of I40 is pretty beat up. I stayed in the left lane when I could and just moved over when needed. . . . . .
    I do the same . . . . .
    It’s all those overweight trucks that are chewing up the right-hand lane.

Years back, the I-84 E in N.Y. Had a right lane that gave you a “thump Thump” every 20 feet of travel.

On a weekday, with no traffic, I actually pulled over and stopped (out in the middle of nowhere) and pulled out a ruler and MEASURED the 20-ft. Slabs of concrete . . . .

There was a 4” high edge to the next slab!

Tires and rims took a hell of a beating!

Since has been rectified!

One reason I drive @ 80 mph on the interstate only (which is a little slower than most) is I was once hit in the back while driving @ 70. It was 4am, I was on my way to work, I had just entered the interstate. It was still dark of course. I saw these headlights come up on me in my mirror and disappear, then BAM.

I was in my Ford Taurus, the car that hit me was a Pontiac Lemans made by Daewoo (S. Korea). The tiny car had no grill left, both front fenders bowed out and the hood buckled up. My car didn't even have a scratch on the rubber bumper.

Some people like to go fast to their ticket/hospital/morgue. When I drive my daughter's Edge it is horrible, in my F150 they stay away.