Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default

I worked in commercial composting for awhile.
    Master Composter certification out of Texas. Back in the 90's they had the only state certified composting school in the country.

Thing is, if I have information that proves useful that's a good thing.
    If not, I'm just bloviating and wasting people's time. Nobody needs that.

I tried the composing in the past. Just didn't have enough "material" to do much good. I recently bought a tiny gas powered chipper/shredder that I plan on using for producing mulch. I may save a rose bush or two using that.

3. Default

Mulch is good too.

ahem...
    The addition of organic material to the soil will result in long term benefits.
    (this concludes our sermon for the day)

I generate very little kitchen waste.
    Yard waste (weeds and leaves mostly) get chopped up with the mower and go into the bins. I end up with more than enough finished compost for the garden beds.
    Excess goes on the lawn.
    Your mileage may vary.
    Last edited by Dragonsdad; 07-01-2023 at 07:11.

One light decent rain in 45days lots of clouds! but zip nada & nothing,it’s been life on the gen’s,how does that tune go......something like.......how dry I am how dry I am. How drier can I get!? etc etc. ⛈!!!
    Cheer’s all!
    Last edited by SDigger; 07-01-2023 at 08:33.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SDigger View Post
    One light decent rain in 45days ***
    It's been 2 1/2 or 3 weeks here. I would have thought you'd see some of it.
    There's a shed roof needs repairs but I'm in no hurry. What I am, is confident I'll have it done ahead of the need.

Clouds and a light breeze yesterday were nice.
    ...took the edge off the heat.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsdad View Post
    It's been 2 1/2 or 3 weeks here. I would have thought you'd see some of it.
    There's a shed roof needs repairs but I'm in no hurry. What I am, is confident I'll have it done ahead of the need.

Clouds and a light breeze yesterday were nice.
    ...took the edge off the heat.
    June 15th night was our big last half decent event & nothing else worth jabbing about since early May.....which didn’t do nothing but halfway settle the dust.
    If Reno San Frisco etc area gets the blessfullness precipitation it usually & mostly goes North of us,our heavy hiitters come from a more Southerly & West trac route.

Cheer’s
    Last edited by SDigger; 07-02-2023 at 10:27.

What an odd 4th! It was supposed to be in the 90s and dry. Guess again! High for the day was barely 70 - it's 55 now and a substantial storm coming.

Went over to SiL's 40th BD and pigged out on smoked brisket, deviled eggs and walleye. I've always liked the flavor for don't care for the bones. He cuts them up in a way that removes 95%. I'm sure Doc has the down low on that.

With a storm coming, there shouldn't be much for firepoppers tonight which will be good for Flop Ears. Me, too! Wifey stayed to conversate, and I'll pick her up when the par-tay's over. There were a lot of people there, most of whom I'd never met. But I jumped in and conversated.

For now, it's cruise YT for another movie. Watched March or Die earlier - just finished Legionnaire - now I'll see if Paths to Glory is in the lineup. The ending scene always evokes an emotion for me. Maybe look for All Quiet on the Western Front. SW

Blog Entries

never left the yard today,
    spent most of the day finishing up the redo of the front porch,
    after some work on the laptop (folks drinking and asking stupid questions on ebay\gunbroker stuff) got started about 10

warm day, was 82 when I started, and soaked a shirt and shorts, and drank close to a gallon of water by 2,
    took a break for about 90 minutes for a short lunch, cold shower, and a change of clothes, and back at it,

finiished up at 7,,,

dinner, guinness,,x4 and not long before a nap

Quote Originally Posted by 5thDragoons View Post
    walleye. I've always liked the flavor for don't care for the bones. He cuts them up in a way that removes 95%. I'm sure Doc has the down low on that.

SW
    Most of it is in the knife, and to a lesser extent, how it is used. Which reminds me to ask~ did Puma ever market a flexible filleting knife?
    Entirely possible since they did carving sets at one time. Meanwhile, the birch handled Finn rules.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

Doc, Puma indeed made - and still offers a fileting blade. I've got a carving set with stag grips but no filet knife. I had my Hungarian pal bid on a dedicated Puma fishing knife with ball on the end for whacking your catch, but some fellow in Austria wanted it a lot worse than I did. SW