Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Come on guys, you are being too tough on kickshot. If I were still around, I would have told him to forget about the safe's, cables, etc. Just follow common sense rules and keep your carry gun out of sight and lock your car. People break into cars for one of two reasons:

1. To steal something they believe (or can see) is inside the vehicle.

2. To steal the car.

#1 is easy, just do what JB says....

#2 Why would they steal your car instead of one of the dozens of other nearby cars? It is probably because it is easy... you left the keys in the ignition, or the windows cracked open, or maybe you drive a Corvette, or a Ferrari and left the top off in East St Louis.

In any event it is easy to place your carry piece out of sight and secure your car. If somebody steals your locked vehicle and then uses your tire tool to kill somebody... you are not liable. If somebody steals your locked vehicle, finds your legal carry gun, and kills somebody, you are not liable.
    Last edited by RED; 03-07-2018 at 06:49.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by RED View Post
    Come on guys, you are being too tough on kickshot. If I were still around, I would have told him to forget about the safe's, cables, etc. Just follow common sense rules and keep your carry gun out of sight and lock your car. People break into cars for one of two reasons:

1. To steal something they believe (or can see) is inside the vehicle.

2. To steal the car.

#1 is easy, just do what JB says....

#2 Why would they steal your car instead of one of the dozens of other nearby cars? It is probably because it is easy... you left the keys in the ignition, or the windows cracked open, or maybe you drive a Corvette, or a Ferrari and left the top off in East St Louis.

In any event it is easy to place your carry piece out of sight and secure your car. If somebody steals your locked vehicle and then uses your tire tool to kill somebody... you are not liable. If somebody steals your locked vehicle, finds your legal carry gun, and kills somebody, you are not liable.

agree. out of sight out of mind.

3. Default

gun-safe-truck-quick-access-pistol-300x224.jpg

Thank everyone for you experience advice. out of sight is truly our of mind is this situation... Picture attached is an example of something i have in Mind.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by kickshot7 View Post
    gun-safe-truck-quick-access-pistol-300x224.jpg

Thank everyone for you experience advice. out of sight is truly our of mind is this situation... Picture attached is an example of something i have in Mind.

hey I like that. looks like a dandy.

5. Default

Welcome back, Red!

The "Stack-on" unit will hold a: J-frame , combat commander / S&W M39-2. Just an idea of size.

Quote Originally Posted by jjrothWA View Post
    The "Stack-on" unit will hold a: J-frame , combat commander / S&W M39-2. Just an idea of size.
    You're talking about this one?

Looks as though it would fit beneath a seat with the cable secured to the base of the seat track. Providing of course your power seat motors allow for enough space at the front. It's also transferable from one vehicle to another.
    It would take a hefty pair of dykes to gnaw through the cable. Provides a good enough stall to deter the average grab-n-go thief.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

Yep, that's it!

Is the sidearm shown a 3.5"1911 trpe?
    Wish they would issue two cables, when bought. Buying a couple more , one for the wife's car and the other for being able to swap-out different firearms.

A long length locker would be grat for hold a K-Frame 4"!

Dallas, TX metro.. formerly Phoenix metro, AZ

the NRA sells one of the 1911 with the 5 inch barrel for something like 19.95
    I just got there online email a while back.

I found this site on the web. https://www.asecurelife.com/car-gun-safes/