Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Absolutely NO plans to shoot it. I admit I'd like to get a "sample" cartridge for it (again ***NOT*** to shoot!).
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by CJCulpeper View Post
    Now you need a second one. Or is it I need a third one? How much do you want for yours?
    Except for "Springfielditis", I've been remarkably immune to all the other "it is" out there!
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

Wait until you try to find a complete clip for it. It is an enbloc clip that technically is supposed to fall out the bottom when the first cartridge is stripped out..
    They can be loaded without the clip but it takes three hands........

I'll probably find one ...right next to the Garand .276 clip I've been looking for all these years!! LOL!

(I have 10 .276 cartridges for the early test version of the M1).
    --C.S. Lewis

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by deadin View Post
    Wait until you try to find a complete clip for it. It is an enbloc clip that technically is supposed to fall out the bottom when the first cartridge is stripped out..
    They can be loaded without the clip but it takes three hands........
    The clips are not enbloc like the Garand or Berthiers, or the Carcanos. The Winchester-Lee clip is very much like the M1903 clip in function. The difference being a stiff wire is the retaining mechanism instead of the later internal spring and end tits on the '03 version. A body could say it had ideas from both the Mauser system and Mannlicher design.

Reproduction clips and wires can be found at S&S firearms.

Originals on the other hand... Well, best of luck to you.
    Last edited by CJCulpeper; 09-24-2016 at 07:08.
    1."If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things." - Rene Descartes
    2. "The Right to Buy Weapons is the Right to be Free" From The Weapon Shop by A. E. van Vogt

No plan to try to spend lots of money on exotic accessories. I may spring for a repro lower butt swivel from S&S and I'd like to find a "sample" cartridge.
    --C.S. Lewis

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Rick the Librarian View Post
    No plan to try to spend lots of money on exotic accessories. I may spring for a repro lower butt swivel from S&S and I'd like to find a "sample" cartridge.
    Just what the doctor ordered.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/586106103
    1."If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things." - Rene Descartes
    2. "The Right to Buy Weapons is the Right to be Free" From The Weapon Shop by A. E. van Vogt

The guy wants $29.99 for BIN AND $10.99 shipping. I'll pass and keep my eyes open.
    --C.S. Lewis

9. Default

The detachable swivels fit a number of rifles and can be found. They can be found in different widths and I'm not sure which is more correct. As for the clips they can also be found if you're patient. I would suggest passing on S&S reproductions as they are not nearly as good as they were in the past .

Yes, I'm familiar - I have a Mauser 98GEW which used the same type. What is maddening is I had the part (to the Mauser) and now, the trouble is remembering where I put it!!
    --C.S. Lewis