Thread: More SRS requests

1. Default More SRS requests

Hoping someone with the books could check my Trapdoor serials.....an 1881 rifle and a probably 1880 carbine(just got it).

Rifle is serial number 161720....the carbine is serial number 144137

Thanx..Stevie

No listing for those numbers. Your carbine number is among many carbines so may well be real.

3. Default

Thank you very much.

I remember back when you could get online and run your own SRS check....I had checked a M1903 or two and a Colt M1917 revolver....none directly listed but the serials listed around them could be interestingly close.

Anyhow...Just how frequently does somebody's serial numbers result in a SRS hit??....Reading through the forums it seems a rare occurrence

About 5% of the numbers are in SRS books. He only recorded numbers in federal sources not from hearsay or reported by individuals. [ I have grampas rifle and he said!]

Quote Originally Posted by Stephan View Post
    Thank you very much.

I remember back when you could get online and run your own SRS check....I had checked a M1903 or two and a Colt M1917 revolver....none directly listed but the serials listed around them could be interestingly close.

Anyhow...Just how frequently does somebody's serial numbers result in a SRS hit??....Reading through the forums it seems a rare occurrence
    I've been very lucky, and am running at about the 5% average (2 trapdoors, 2 Krags, 1 1903).