Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by mack View Post
    I can comment on the S&K scope mount issue. The mount is solid on the old peep site dovetail on the rear, but the front scope base is held by a ring that wraps the barrel in place of stock band (holder, if you will) and is wholly unsatisfactory.

Start with someone's old project, re-barrel to suit your needs and you will wind up with a fairly decent conversion if you are careful. Look for something that has been previously drilled and tapped. Quick, no-drill mounts don't work very well. I used one without very much success for a number of years and finally ditched it.
    I avoided commenting on the S&K scope mount in the hopes that they had improved it. It is also my experience that it is totally unsatisfactory.

A high school dove hunting friend and I met at a funeral and had a big gab session about guns. He mentioned that he had had all of his guns appraised and said he was surprised his O3A3 sporter was worth only $350. I told him, "Yeah if your dad had left it alone it would be worth $850-950."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ClaudeH View Post
    I avoided commenting on the S&K scope mount in the hopes that they had improved it. It is also my experience that it is totally unsatisfactory.

The B Square mount. That replaces the cutoff is unsatisfactory as well.
    Phillip McGregor (OFC)
    "I am neither a fire arms nor a ballistics expert, but I was a combat infantry officer in the Great War, and I absolutely know that the bullet from an infantry rifle has to be able to shoot through things." General Douglas MacArthur