Default Ammo used at the 1955 NM?

Can someone identify or post a picture of the type of ammo used at the 1955 NM for the M1 Garand? From what I understand regular NM ammo production started again in 1957 so during the after war period NM ammo lots were selected by performance. I thought either Campbell, Brophy, etc., listed the lots but I have not been able to find it so I must have read it on line. Maybe a post from Ray or someone. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Regards,
    CC

Ammunition issued at Camp Perry for the 1955 Matches was a selected lot of standard Cal .30 Ball M2. It was Lot FA 4303 with a headstamp of FA 54. Remaining stocks of the same ammunition was issued in 1956, supplemented by Lot FA 4302 and Lot 4317 (hs FA 55).

Even though the 3 lots were selected for their accuracy, they were bad enough that the Cal .30 MATCH T291 was developed for the 1957 matches.

Ray

Ray, Thank you for the prompt reply and information. Now I have to find a box for an article I am working on. The closest I have is a box of 1956 FA International Match. Regards,
    CC
    Last edited by CPC; 04-21-2015 at 08:51.

Hey CC, find two boxes. I'll take one.

Ray

WILCO!
    Quote Originally Posted by raymeketa View Post
    Hey CC, find two boxes. I'll take one.

Ray