Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Interesting ....... I wonder if the same thing happens with Rick's "magic Afghan".

Fred appears to have a stake in his guns, Rick's Afghan may have been mis-identified and is in fact a magic carpet, think Steppenwolf...
    As the late Turner Kirkland was fond of saying, "If you want good oats, you have to pay the price. If you'll take oats that have already been through the horse, those come cheaper."

Live in the People's Republic of Maryland

Quote Originally Posted by Rick the Librarian View Post
    It appears to be a Sedgely "put-together". They often used non-M1903 parts. I usually see low-numbered SA and RIA receivers in such rifles, but I don't remember seeing a very high numbered RIA receiver on one before.
    I saw a reference on line to one in the 387XXX range with the same markings or lack of them on the barrel. I've looked at the rifle with the stock off and there are more markings that may be informative. First, the circled "S" is on the left rear of rear sight band, not on the barrel. The barrel has a proof "P" stamped on the bottom about 14" from the muzzle. About 4" further back are a "D" and a "7" separated by a tool mark that could be a "1". Just in front of the rear sight band is a "B". The underside of the rear sight band has an "X", a "K" and a "C". The top of the trigger has a "K". Overall the machining of the receiver is pretty rough. I suspect most of these are unknown inspection marks, but perhaps one or more can be linked to a manufacturer.

So, other than the bbl dates and the (what looks like) bluish looking Parkerizing are there any other unique markings on the receiver that would identify it as a DHT