Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Yes, and I'm pretty sure you've seen and we've discussed mine. So, I assume your question is directed at others. I will add, however, that I've seen and/or know about perhaps 7 or 8 of these pistols. I initially was going to purchase one from a dealer at a gun show, but ultimately decided I didn't like the way it looked (maybe recently refinished). That didn't appeal to me, as I'd seen others previously that did not have the same finish. Yours and mine, as we've previously discussed, are very similar and have the appearance that I'd expect to see.
    www.m1911info.com
    Solutions for M1911 Buyers & Sellers

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by gfguns View Post
    So was the spread wing eagle pictured used with or without letter other than the Nazi era?
    Prior to the Eagle/N commercial proof, a Crown/N was the commercial proof. The Nazi's used the same small eagle over a swastika for the Army proof beginning in 1939.

This Crown/N proof is on a 1934 era PPK.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Gahimer View Post
    Yes, and I'm pretty sure you've seen and we've discussed mine. So, I assume your question is directed at others. I will add, however, that I've seen and/or know about perhaps 7 or 8 of these pistols. I initially was going to purchase one from a dealer at a gun show, but ultimately decided I didn't like the way it looked (maybe recently refinished). That didn't appeal to me, as I'd seen others previously that did not have the same finish. Yours and mine, as we've previously discussed, are very similar and have the appearance that I'd expect to see.
    Scott I do recall discussing this with you but lately my memory is hit miss, something that will not be a factor once my treatment is finished. Thank you for reminding me and I will check it out in your gallery. BTW Could this be considered a thread hi-jacking, if so I apologize to the originator.
    Last edited by gfguns; 09-04-2014 at 02:11. Reason: added text

4. Default

Thanks Johnny
    I know Germany did make an effort to do away with any Nazi reminders after the war.
    Last edited by gfguns; 09-04-2014 at 12:57. Reason: spelling correction

5. Default

Before the Eagle/swastika firing proof the Nazi's droop wing eagle proof virtually identical to the Weimar era proof. Can't remember if I have anything Weimar proofed or not. The modern day German proof, sans the N, is very similar to the Weimar and early Nazi proof.

Then there is the tendency to call all markings "proofs", when that is not the case.

Colt M1911A1 1943 with German Proof, released to commercial sales.
    Eagle Nitro proof, second Shield for Munich, and 1978 stamp.

Last edited by Mikecp; 09-04-2014 at 02:26.

7. Default

Thanks Mikecp
    Looks like original finish,is it? Do you have any addition history on it? could you provide a serial number range?

Shooter5 Guest

More info on the proof marks
    The Stag horn indicates the ULM proof house and the KF is a date code KF = 1995
    The date coding system is very simple too. It gets tricky when you start talking about non-proofed products like firearm magazines, but the general rule is thus:

A B C D E F G H I K
    0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    Astounding. So, some geek nerd idiot designed an entire "code" of letters in order to indicate numbers. This, when he could have simply used this amazing system of symbols which were invented to represent numbers; amazingly enough, this system is called "numbers."

Thanks Mikecp
    Looks like original finish,is it? Do you have any addition history on it? could you provide a serial number range?
    Unfortunately I do not have any history, I bought it in a gun shop, and no background on it. The blue barrel is a field replacement from Springfield with the heat lot number AG1 ( 1941-mid 1943) blue magazine has a CL under it (Colt Little)
    The only info came from a Colt letter, and was send to:
    US Gov. transportation Officer Springfield Armory by 17 February 1943.
    Here few pictures.

Last edited by Mikecp; 09-05-2014 at 01:22.

10. Default

Could be a pistol captured by the Germans from a US or allied soldier.Nice looking and Interesting pistol thanks for the info.
    Greg
    Last edited by gfguns; 09-05-2014 at 04:25.