Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Original M1c G&H mount value?

Has anyone seen an original M1C Griffin & Howe numbered mount sell recently? If so, what was the price it sold for?

TIA

David
    snipershot1944@yahoo.com

2. Default

I have picked up one for $1K and one for $1500 but I have seen them go all the way in the $2K range. I have heard of people picking them up a lot cheaper but it usually means the seller really didnt know what they had.

I bought one several months ago for $1,500.00 and have seen them listed for $1,700-2,000 fairly recently.

About 2 weeks ago I paid $1850 for a numbered set of rings with a M82 in it. When I first saw this set-up the gent selling it was asking $1400. This was 2 years ago. I bought an M1c in Dec. from the cmp with the hopes that he still had the set-up. He did, but at a higher $$$. I bought it anyway.

I traded my mount and M84 scope for a beautiful unpapered type 2 NM M1.

6. Default

I would say 1500 to 1800 is the going rate from a non collector 2000-2500 from collector/dealers. I sold 2 of them too cheap (950.00) when the CMP M1C's were released. There are 50's made USGI mounts out there but if you are doing a WWII era M1C you need a Griffin & Howe numbered mount. I bought a '51 SA rebuild M1C in the first CMP auction. It looked much like the M1D's that they sold in the first lottery and it had a blued unmarked USGI mount on it. It is in unissued condition.

Hi. I just signed up today---and I hope I am replying correctly. What can you add to the "there are 50's made USGI mounts out there? Do you have one? If so, can you post a picture of yours? Do you know who made them?
    The reason I ask is, I have seen a M1C mount with a M84 scope. This mount is almost identical to a Griffin & Howe mount except the compression levers are different . This mount is also blue and has no markings on it and it is well worn compared to the Military (numbered) mounts I have seen. And, it does have the mount to rings screws pinned---like the later Military G & H.

I do know that the 99 (the group of 100) that were auctioned back 1994/95 had mounts and I believe all had M84 scopes. A lot of the data sheets for that auction had an annotation "Type III mount". Do you know what a type III mount is? Thanks for any help you can offer.
    Last edited by stan4; 01-24-2013 at 12:08.

8. Default

The type III refers to these mounts I have 2 of them. I will have to take some pics later. the levers were longer and slimmer. The levers had raised rings that are very thin. Not sure who made them. The one you describe sounds like a type III USGI mount.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Johnny in Texas; 01-25-2013 at 06:33.

Thank you for your reply. And the PICTURES!!! This is the mount that is on that M84 I saw. And your response clears up that question of: What does the Type III annotation on the 1995 DCM auction build sheets mean.

Do I understand correctly, that you have one of those M1C's (from the 1994/1995 DCM auction), and that it came with one of these mounts, and it's build sheet has the "Type III" annotation for it's mount?
    I wonder who ordered them, who made them, how many they made, and who used them? Maybe someone out there can add some more information.

Thanks again for your response and pictures.
    Last edited by stan4; 01-27-2013 at 01:42.

10. Default

Yes I have 2 of those M1C's from the 1994 sale. Yes one has the type III mount