Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Johan412th View Post
    Thanks for solid answer. This l42a1 absolutely fascinates me. Are they hard to find?

If you have $15,000 you should be able to find one, at $10,000 you may find one & if you have $5000 then you wont find any.
    There were 1000 made and they were (pretty much) all sold into the USA when they were sold out of service. They are now slowly starting to filter back into the UK but if you are in the US and have the $ then you should find one.

* L42 rifles are not generally sold 'on their own' they normally have the transit case and accessories, you may have seen recently (on ebay) the small plastic bottle that holds the lens cleaning brush, sell for about $800+
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1713054926...84.m1423.l2649

We'll then. I'll just forget about getting one. I feel sufficiently schooled, Alan.
    "I only get paid if I survive... And I like getting paid."

Have L39A1, L42A1 and out of curiosity, how many folks have a No.8?

I have that small plastic bottle and cleaning brush but I only paid a few dollars/pounds for mine

Bought the L42 and L39 while they were still crossing the Atlantic. Guessing they were all sold before the ship was unloaded

While I was at it, picked up an L59A1 at the same time
    Last edited by John Sukey; 05-07-2014 at 10:38.

Quote Originally Posted by John Sukey View Post
    Bought the L42 and L39 while they were still crossing the Atlantic. Guessing they were all sold before the ship was unloaded

While I was at it, picked up an L59A1 at the same time
    I if remember correctly they were onboard "The Ark" with Captain Noah, and Pontius was the Pilot

5. Default

What is a No 5?

No one has mentioned the 42MB model, many were sold in the US in the '60's. It is the only Brit trainer I own.
    You can never go home again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kragrifle View Post
    What is a No 5?
    The No5 rifle is what some call a "jungle carbine". Normally in 303 but a very few rare examples were made up in .22.

2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by johnny l. View Post
    I bought one of the Numrich .22 kits for my WW1 No.lll Enfield. It installed very easily and is fun to shoot. It is a single shot, no magazine. I did replace the steel nut for a brass one. I feel this will be easier on the crown. I have had no problems and it is an easy conversion.

Does anyone know if this kit can be made to fit the WW2 No. lV Enfield? I am not sure if the barrel length and .22 bolts are compatable. Regards, Johnny Lawson
    Johnny--

I had purchase several of these conversion kit over the years to conversion military rifles to single .22LR rifles. I did and still have a No.4 MK2 that I converted. Obviously I could not use the bolt in the No.4 MK2 and acquired a Canadian No.7 MKI .22LR bolt to used in the rifle. I also placed a No.7MKI follower in the rifle for catching the spent cases.

I also used two kits .22LR barrel tubes to modified a M1 Rifle and M1A to single shot .22LR for indoor practice during the off season. Both of those rifles have highly modified bolts to feed, fire and extract the .22LR cartridge.

Cheers

--fjruple

9. Default

[QUOTE=Alan De Enfield;367580]If you have $15,000 you should be able to find one, at $10,000 you may find one & if you have $5000 then you wont find any./QUOTE]

Is this really what L42A1's are going for now? If so, wow.

fjruple - Thanks for the info. I am now looking for a Canadian No. 7 MKI .22 cal. bolt. If you have any ideas, please let me know. I shoot my converted SMLE out to 100 yds and am very pleased with its accuracy. Regards, Johnny Lawson