Quote Originally Posted by S.A. Boggs View Post
I am primarily a 44/45 guy, however I am looking into a 9mm. Would like to hear from those WHO NOW HAVE or recently owned a 9mm. I am leaning to the Sig M17 or the P226. Have shot many 9's up to and including sub guns...really had fun with the MP40! Looking for pro's and con's such as mag cost, weapon ease of total disassembly, reliability.
Sam
Bought a nice used Springfield 1911-A1 in 9mm. Simply faultless in every respect. Very easy pistol to shoot well. Very consistent on target results using anything from Tula steel cased 9mm to Federal, Winchester, Blazer ... either aluminum or brass cased. Have no idea at all how many rounds I fired through it. Let's just say it was lots and lots of 9mm's.

In March 2018 I was getting the bug for a new pistol. I knew I would be moving in June of that year to a new pastoral appointment. I got to looking at the Sig 226 9mm's. Then I saw the 226 Legion. Outstanding pistol. I've been shooting it for a little over a year. Maybe 12-1500 rounds so far. Faultless. Ideal for local police matches. If I smile just right, I can keep almost all my shots inside the 10 ring of a B-27. Very excellent trigger, sights, grips, etc. Much prefer the extended beavertail to the standard type on the stock P-226.

Pistol came with three magazines. I will buy maybe a couple more. Factory and aftermarket magazines are not hard to find. Factory magazines are maybe $40/each. Have noted that the aftermarket magazines by Metgar, etc. are in every way identical to the Sig factory product. Understand that Sig has their magazines made by Metgar. Have not tried the Checkmate brand.

Field stripping the pistol is about as simple as can be. One can figure it out w/o reading the instruction book. Just simple. Easy. If you want to detail strip the frame and slide down to the gun smith level ... have fun. It's about like someone detail stripping a S&W or Colt revolver. They will be busy for a while. HTH. Sincerely. bruce.