Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Has anyone bought/used....

UPDATE. I wanted to do this earlier but the tool hasn't had many days of hard use.
    Recap: I was gifted the drill so I picked up a pair of extra batteries and bought a 2 year unconditional replacement warranty in the even of failure which includes drop damage.

I charged a pair of batteries and stuffed one, factory wrapped, into the bottom of my roller chest as a spare. The drill indeed has the advertised speed and torque. Hanging new steel on quarter panels it was used for anything requiring a drill motor including pop rivets. I repaired a fence, and handed it over said fence to let the neighbor check it out side by side to his Dewalt. Ran through a handful of deck screws and bored a few holes using a spade bit. He said aside from the color he couldn't see any real difference between mine and his. Not buying one though since his cordless system of tools is already Dewalt and the batteries, while looking very similar, don't fit. (I already knew that)
    I've the used it for various tasks around the house and helping out neighbors since. Just picking it up whenever the need arose.

So far so good. It's working as claimed. However the grip feels a little small. Nothing I can't adapt to for occasional use, but if I were using it all day everyday I'd opt to wrap it for a little more "meat".
    Still on battery number one! Hasn't gone dead yet. The one extra battery I charged up back in September still shows four bars/full charge. I don't think I need worry about having dead cells after sitting for a while.
    The trigger felt 4 stage out of the box but smoothed out to a true variable in short order on the first day.
    The light is aimed well and tapping the trigger, it stays illuminated for a few seconds to serve as a quick flashlight. Came in handy already looking for a dropped screw.

Undetermined: Need to give it a serious workout to test the workings in regard to longevity. There simply hasn't been enough time or tough chores yet. Based upon performance to date I feel fairly confident. I'd hate to have to admit a catastrophic failure but I will should it happen. I have more than a year and a half to run it through the wringer before the plan expires.

To date: Since Dewalt has dropped their indentical package to match HF's offering, about the only REAL difference is in the cost of the batteries which are most often the need for replacing the entire tool. The Herc batteries are 1/3 the cost. Hence having factory spares on hand for the future.

That's about it in a nutshell. No, I didn't make out like a bandit but I have no buyers remorse either. (Mostly because I didn't buy it! LOL)

*added* The two year full replacement plan was between $15- $20...somewhere between there. So, I added the spare batteries and the plan for a little under fifty bucks.
    Last edited by JB White; 12-14-2017 at 09:47.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

Glad it's working out for you. We've all been burned in the past so you can understand our concerns on our previous threads. Wish the batteries interchanged with some of the other makes.

2017 is when I started this thread. Here we are in 2024.
    I bought a second one to use in tandem with the first. Although one normally stays home while the other rides in the trunk of my car.

Aside from detecting a wee bit of runout on the first one, both drill motors continue to work flawlessly. Four batteries still take a full charge and remain charged between use. They’ve built fences, installed cabinets, and everything else we expect from the tool.

While not being used on a constant daily basis, I think the test lasted long enough. They paid for themselves many times over.
    Last edited by JB White; 05-25-2024 at 08:23.

Good to see you posting again.

Since the improvements of battery tools i now have chainsaws (one 20v and one 40v) a 20v pole saw, a drill of course, 1/4" and 1/2" 20v impact wrenches, a 20v leaf blower, a 20v tire inflater, 20v recip saw, 20v garden pruners, two 20v garden sprayers and I'm always looking for more new things to come out.

Everything is either Dewalt or Hart. I tried to stay with only one brand but couldn't resist "deals".

I've had a Dyson battery vacuum for years that I do not recommend and a Stanley flashlight/spotlight that I do recommend.

Anything larger than a push mower still lacks a lot to be desired though in my opinion.

Thanks for your update.

Blog Entries

welcome back JB!!!!!