Default Standard deviation.

As of late, I have been loading .223 ammunition for precision shooting. Never paid any particular attention to SD. Well, over the last couple of weeks I have been doing a bit of checking on the results of differing variables. Powder is loaded to within .02 gn which is the size of a kernal. Bullets used are Berger 73 gn bt target and have not been sorted by weight. Primers are BR-4s and I have been told that other primers should lower the SD even more. I did not notice any measurable difference in point of impact at 100 yds. Each group tested was 50 rnds, or 1 of my range boxes. Thought some might be interested in those variables.

New Starline .223 50 cases sized and loaded with 23.5 gn of Varget. SD 20+
    " " " 50 cases sized, and weight sorted to 1 gn with 23.5 gn Varget. SD 12+
    " " " 50 cases sized, weight sorted to 1 gn with flash hole de-burred loaded with 23.5 gn of Varget SD 6.5+

Whatta Hobby!

Every little bit helps in getting the best results and close to the same results.
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.
    Author unkown.

Years ago I gave up reloading for the best/smallest group @ 100 yards. Now, I am happy to get 'head' shots @ 100 yards with rifle and handgun.