Thread: Re: Early Colt 1911 Slides

Default Re: Early Colt 1911 Slides

Gents,

Cleaning out some of my shelves, I found two older Colt 1911 slides sitting in the back, gathering dust. I've had them for 20-plus years now. Can't remember where I picked them up. One of them from the serial number on the back appears to be an early commercial model from 1918! Any information on these to slides, to include approximate values, would be greatly appreciated!

Best Regards from Virginia,

Chris
    Attached Images Attached Images

Those are Government Model (commercial) slides. If Model 1911 slides they would have Model of 1911 U.S. ARMY (or NAVY) on the right hand side.

Thanks for the correct terminology! Greatly appreciated once more.
    Last edited by The Wolf; 05-21-2024 at 04:43.

The best way to photograph a gun or parts to show the detail is outside in the shade on a bright day. Also use a background about the same shade as what you are photographing. A white background would seem to be the ideal background, but on the cameras most of us use, the camera balances the exposure, and if it sees a lot of white background it exposes for the background rather than what you are photographing.

This one was made on a piece of poster board about the same color as the pistol, and again outside in bright shade.

(Strange darker frame around the photograph that isn't on the photograph.)