Default Anyone ever herd of this 'charity'

Checking my bank account I found that $12 was sent to HHADC. Research said it was a charity organization. I never donated money to them and told my bank that.

Thanks for passing this along.

I suppose anyone can declare themselves as a charity or church and if they can obtain a canceled check or deposit slip with your name and banks routing number, get into your account this way.

We found long, long ago that charities often sell your name and address to other charities. I've never heard of selling bank info but you can't rule anything out.

Perhaps a cancelled check of yours was found in the trash or dumpster. I doubt that check you wrote to the Home Depot or power company found it's way to a corrupt outfit such as this.

That $12 is gone with no way to track or get reimbursed but hopefully the bank will block any further transactions. They already have your info. They may use a different name next time.

If it occurs again I would suggest getting the bank to issue a new account with new checks and close your existing account.

3. Default

"Charity navigator" has no record of any such organization.

"Charity Checker" has this:
    https://charitycheck101.org/report/?id=541691191

I looked that up too.

The site wasn't very descriptive on what they did and how they operated, etc...

If I were Tom I would close my banking account and open a new one. He will be out the cost of the new checks that would need to be printed but still, a lot of peace of mind.

With all the on-line banking, combining accounts, auto-pay, wireless transactions this was bound to happen. If this type fraud is happening this easily the banks need to come up with more filters on what comes out of your account.

The biggest charity (Cancer) was a total fraud.
    I wouldn't trust any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by dogtag View Post
    The biggest charity (Cancer) was a total fraud.
    I wouldn't trust any of them.
    Here's a check -- download their form 990 and see what grants they make. If they make grants to OTHER charities, they're a fraud.

Surprisingly, today, when I checked my bank account, I got a refund of the $12 dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Tom View Post
    Surprisingly, today, when I checked my bank account, I got a refund of the $12 dollars.
    Wow, wasn't expecting that. I guess your bank did it. Maybe the word is out on this "charity".

I got a refund from PayPal in about 1 minute. I ordered something online from The Big Box store. I got a receipt and a thanks from Faizi abado. Then I got a notice from the BBS that my payment had "failed". I emailed PP"s Help button and in moments the $70 was right back in my account. I'm not sure what happened exactly but I'm going to be more careful about sales I see on line.

I've gotten two texts on my phone asking if I attempted to purchase $112.00 (of something) at the S gas station. I should click on something to confirm. I have never been to that store. I checked my accounts and no money is missing. Before you respond to any requests on line or the phone stop and count to ten.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.