Default Another BS JFK assassination malarky!

We have talked about the black pointed armor piercing ammo that would penetrate armored vehicles. Why would the steel cored 6.5 Carcano bullet penetrate flesh and bones and not be disformed?

The bullets in 0swald's guns had been pulled from WWII ammo and were indeed steel cored.

Just another try to make money on a long solved happening.

Quote:

In particular, Landis's recollections are at odds with the Commission's finding that one bullet ? the so-called 'magic' bullet ? was able to pass through John F. Kennedy then hit Texas Governor John Connally in multiple places before emerging undamaged.

Yes! It was easily capable of doing just that!

I owned a Carcano and to believe that Oswald made that shot
    from that distance and height would put me with Sir Arthur
    who believed in Fairies.

Quote Originally Posted by dogtag View Post
    I owned a Carcano and to believe that Oswald made that shot
    from that distance and height would put me with Sir Arthur
    who believed in Fairies.

I am 78 years old and I would bet $500 that I can take my Carcano and hit milk jugs at least 2 out of 3 shots with them at 56 yards, 66, yards, 76 yards and do it in the time Oswald did.

How many times have you been to the book depository and looked out the same window? How many times have you read the Warren report?

Here are 5 steel cored WWII 6.5 Carcano bullets stuck to a small magnet. IMG_0003_Original.jpg
    Last edited by RED; 10-03-2023 at 02:42.

A good shooter with a near good rifle can hit things at a distance. Know your piece. Practice. Make good shots. I had an 8mm Lebel rifle. It was a shorty with cool French (Belgian?) scrawling. Not knowing any better I bought a bunch of French 8mm ammo on metal clips. It was machine gun ammo. The first couple of rouonds fractured the stock. We glued it back together with secret glue and took it to the range. The range was a bluff overlooking a wash (AZ talk for creek). About 300 yrds.(nothing for me to bop out a distance). I set a pop can up with some quartz rocks next to it for sighting. My buddy hit it in one shot. We were youonger with good eyesight.
    Last edited by dryheat; 10-03-2023 at 09:43.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

5. Default

I am 78 years old and I would bet $500 that I can take my Carcano and hit milk jugs at least 2 out of 3 shots with them at 56 yards, 66, yards, 76 yards and do it in the time Oswald did.
    /\/\/\ THIS!

It depends how you "score the shots".
    If you try to replicate the exact POI of each shot its impossible. You can't even do that with stationary targets off a bench.

However if you think about the target & the group its a piece of cake.
    The car is roughly 5' tall from ground to windscreen top. Its almost 7' wide. the range was under 75~85 yards, albeit with a 60 degree down angle, the rifle was supported (benched).
    one round missed the entire thing & clipped the kerb a couple of dozen yards downrange, the next 2 were in a 14" oval impact area & the fourth a few inches from those POIs.

So, the equation becomes: Can you benched, create a 12~15" oval 3-round group, with the fourth getting "Maggies Drawers" in 8 seconds at 80 yds?

If not you should be using a shotgun for the pattern!
    Last edited by Phloating Phlasher; 10-04-2023 at 12:08.

Quote Originally Posted by Phloating Phlasher View Post
    /\/\/\ THIS!

It depends how you "score the shots".
    If you try to replicate the exact POI of each shot its impossible. You can't even do that with stationary targets off a bench.

However if you think about the target & the group its a piece of cake.
    The car is roughly 5' tall from ground to windscreen top. Its almost 7' wide. the range was under 75~85 yards, albeit with a 60 degree down angle, the rifle was supported (benched).
    one round missed the entire thing & clipped the kerb a couple of dozen yards downrange, the next 2 were in a 14" oval impact area & the fourth a few inches from those POIs.

So, the equation becomes: Can you benched, create a 12~15" oval 3-round group, with the fourth getting "Maggies Drawers" in 8 seconds at 80 yds?

If not you should be using a shotgun for the pattern!
    The thing a lot of people do not realize is the car was going down hill and elevation stayed the same making the shots even easier.

Shooting downhill is tricky but I guess to you dead-eye-dicks it's easy.
    Personally, I very much doubt I could have made that shot with my Carcano
    which was in reasonably good shape.

Come on now! When the target does not move it is easier to hit. In this case the target was moving down hill. The target did not change azimuth and required no elevation change... the target was not moving in either azimuth or elevation. A six year old kid with a sling shot could have made the shot!

For example:

Bogus link.
    Last edited by RED; 10-05-2023 at 01:50.

9. Default

Not just slightly downhill, but almost directly away from the "Sniper's Nest", deflection at a walking pace would be maybe an inch or two.

10. Default

I'm not sure how well this will post.
    As close as you can get in "Google Earth" to Oswald's FOV.
    The two "X" in the road are the position of the limo when the 2 rounds struck it.
    If you research "The Magic Bullet" it isn't magic at all just the positions of the victims was misrepresented.
    Now we're down to 3 rounds in 8 seconds for first muzzle blast to third. Unlimited setup time allowed.

Round #1 was the one that struck the kerb almost to the highway bridge, injuring the lead motorcycle officer in the ankle slightly.
    There has been significant tree growth since the assassination.
    Oswalds View.jpg