Default Saturday coffee Sept. 16

What a week! Wifey's sister has been married twice. #1 divorced her 2 days short of being married 40 years. For reasons known only to himself, #2 decided life wasn't worth living anymore... so he took matters in his own hands. No wonder, SiL is now pretty well a basket case - wasn't far from one before this. Wifey wanted to stay with her for a few days, so I drove her there. I have mixed feelings concerning that, but I took her anyway. Then, the funeral might be rife with drama. #2's family pretty well despised SiL before this so feelings might be expressed...

The ride to that town for the services was quickly full which prompted the suggestion I stay here to look after dogs and cat. They didn't have to twist my arm too severely for me to agree with that. Truth to tell, I've never cared much for SiL.

That leaves me & Flop Ears batching for 2 more days. Got chores all caught up - maybe vacuum after I mow later on. Maybe try to bribe grand daughter to do that... We will see.

Nice weather though! Cooling off nicely here. SW

I am somewhat fortunate on the I/L situation. Most seem to like me, and most are tolerable, at the very least.

Problem area is wife and my sister- they have taken it into their heads to dislike each other~ which makes for somewhat delicate family dynamics.
    I won't go into details. The problems that something like this creates are such stupid problems.

Been very humid here for the last 5 days or so. Most of the leaves are going straight to brown with little in the way of red or gold intervals.
    I'll keep my eye out though.

Got rid of a lot of dross lenses. The travelling KEH camera circus was in town yesterday. The stuff was simply not being used, and I did a bit better money wise than I was expecting. I am learning a lot (still at this late date) about lenses to boot.
    Just getting up to second cup of home coffee. Will probably hop on the bike and get a donut drive-through caff later this afternoon if it ain't pouring rain. A stop at the furthest from me camera shop may be in order.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

Blog Entries

re the Inlaws, I have not had a problem,

well, Father in Law was a bit of an ass, but he passed back in the 90's,
    nice guy, just grumpy all the time,

now, as far as modern drama, my Sis in Law was married (#2) to the best guy on the face of the Earth or it seems so since he passed last fall,

good guy, never met a stranger, knew half the people in the state it seems,
    truly a likeable guy,

however, after he got Cancer, his crazy ass Sister, and his mostly crazy beotch daughters from a previous marriage, raised him up to God status,

(which pissed him off, since before he got ill, he was having trouble getting them to participate in family functions)

anyhoo, he passed, with a sh!tton of Doc and Med bills (Treatment at Duke ain't cheap) and his wife, (my wife's sister) with some issues as well,
    and what happens, the crazy sister starts pushing the mostly crazy beotch daughters to demand whatever inheritance they were supposded to get,

calm heads in the family said wait till the Docs and Hospitals finished the billing etc, but nope,

name calling
    sillyness

all in full swing,

fooking amazing

meanwhile, up at a show in the Valley that is a bit slow,
    did buy some nice stuff, will likely buy more tomorrow, and hopefully sell a bit,

did have some Van drama , related in another post here somewhere,