Default Why are White guys condemned to wear boring clothes ? ...

The Ladies can wear bright colored outfits if they so choose,
    but we White guys can't get away with that, unless we want
    to get laughed at. But Black guys can. They can walk around
    in an orange suit and no one bats an eyebrow.
    In my working (office) life I wore blue suits, grey suits. grey
    flannels and dark blazer, the office girls were far more colorful.
    I never wore gaudy clothes - not that I wanted to mind you.
    but a bright red suit might have cheered up a miserable Monday.

You are generally correct but not always, check out Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow, a very white straight guy, he wears some traditional men's wear but some of this attire is far from boring , including a pic I've seen in a red suit, another in a suit in the pattern of a holstein cow, Then there's the Magnolia suit. I buy anything from business casual up from Men's Wearhouse. I found out I could have a made to order suit made by them for only $100.00 or so more than ready to wear. I needed a new suit a few years ago so I had them make me one, it was a traditional light gray three piece but I picked a paisley liner for the jacket and the back of the vest. It's a bit of a throwback to the 19th century when men wore flashy vests with their suits, though the silver and blue paisley only shows with the jacket off. It all depends on how out there you want to be.....

I can't imagine any black guy, at least any black guy who likes girls, wearing that floral suit. Not my taste but I'm not "Joe Cool" Burrow.

Live a little dogtag. Go out and buy that purple sport coat

download - Copy.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Art; 09-08-2023 at 12:16.

Just don't overdo it.

Elvis came close. For these guys the clothes match their life style.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Suspenders, or braces are a nice way to liven up a dull gray suit. My suits were made with the buttons for braces (braces being suspenders that attach by buttons instead of clips) and I've had the buttons sewn into the waistband of some of my slacks as well. Mine are pretty plain vanilla but some really colorful suspenders/braces are out there.

Bob Beckel, a guy I agreed with on nothing but a snappy dresser was a big fan of braces. He showed even if you've got more than a few extra pounds you can dress well.

images.jpg

By the way, I dress like a hobo most of the time these days, but there are things I do feel you ought to get cleaned up for, Funerals, weddings, some dinners and parties and church. I figure if I'm getting cleaned up (business casual at the minimum) I'm going to clean up as well as possible.

Being more than a little "retro" I've also been known to wear a pocket watch.
    Last edited by Art; 09-08-2023 at 12:59.

Blog Entries

I have a suit (for weddings, funerals, etc) and a sport jacket or 2,
    handful of ties left, in case

however, my day clothes at work, are usually those vented fishing type shirts, most all are bright colors,

my work shirts for business trips, visits to folks, or gunshows are polos, light pink, tropical pink, orange, red, blue, gray, yellow, and purple (called berry) and lavender

I like bright colors or at least anything buy the basic earth tones

6. Default

My current summer wear is a set of brightly-colored Guayaberas & Khaki cargo pants.
    Who says we can't?