Default Saturday coffee June 10

Flop Ears and I are abandoned for the week. Wifey and older daughter loaded up their camper and went cramping with her family members from around the country. So I'm enjoying not being there (I don't care much for wifey's family) and looking after dogs.

Keeping busy with house mouse stuff... laundry is all done - lawn mowed before the rain - I'll shove the vacuum around today and have a nice nap afterward. Speaking of rain - they're cramping at L. McConaughy (sp) which got clobbered by heavy storms yesterday and into the night.

All caught up with writing for the moment, so I'll look in on daughter's dogs and generally be lazy. I'm pretty good at that, too! SW

Camping in the rain can be a lot of fun if you're not a part of it.

I imagine they got quite cramped in that camper especially with the dogs that require walking every so often rain or shine.

3. Default

The rains here haven't been much more than light drizzles.
    They move the dust around without getting anything actually wet.

I'll be watering today.

Moderately heavy showers here a couple of times a week for the last little while.
    Been quite hot for late May/early June- mid 80's for the last 10 days or so. Forecast for today is a more tolerable 72.

Hopefully you won't get an early return from the in-laws. They close campgrounds here and kick everyone out for heavy weather events.

I can now sleep in the blink of an eye- especially after a tuna sand-which.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail
    Last edited by Doc Sharptail; 06-10-2023 at 08:16.

Blog Entries

rained a lick here one day last week, maybe Thursday,
    little rain, big storm, lightening etc, then a little rain and behold, the sun again

Canadian Smoke is starting to clear out, sky is a hazy blue, mostly blue, and the smell is better,

meanwhile,

trip to lowes, grabbed some composite decking I ordered for the front porch redo,

bought a new air compressor since the one I had took a dump, and it is cheaper to buy one NIB than order the part, and spend the time hoping that is what was wrong,

so, fake wood picked up, breaky had while out, wood unloaded, random bs moved out of my garage into the trailer, railings down, part of the garage cleaned out,
    generator started (3rd pull,, yeah) etcetc

and all done my noon,

now enjoying a piece of cheese cake, (friend makes a killer cheesecake and did one for me that is GF, )

now off to do more stuff around here and at the shop house,

btw, mid 70's light breeze, not a cloud in the sky,

lovely day,

Taking it wasy this week, still in recovery mode. Wife is out of town at a relatives memorial service. She'll be back late tomorrow, but she's bringing me fresh calamansi juice from her aunts tree. That stuff is exceptionally good. Much better than either orange or lemon juice.
    Enfield, everything else is just a rifle. Unless it's a Garand.

Long pig, it's what's for Dinner!