Default Switching bullets for the season.

Ran out of my custom .308 136 gn fb bullets so I am switching to Sierra 135 gn fb varminters. This test represents what should be close to 2700 fps loads for each powder used shot from my Bula Defense Systems XM21. Warmup on center of target was with MEN surplus running right around 2800. Then fired 10 rnd groups at 100 yds as marked. I now have a starting point to develop my ladders for each powder. Shot a total of 70 rnds with the 50 on the target for the test. Weather is 42 degrees and raining. Whatta Hobby!

135 tests.jpg135 tests 1.jpg

Cool post. RE-15 load looks very promising. Following. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

Blog Entries

1 inch squares? if so they all look promising,

Made up my initial ladder loads this morning using Varget. 45 - 47.5 gn in 1/2 grain increments. Seated for a .100 jump. I usually get down to under .75 moa for 10 rnd groups with my M14 type rifles and under .5 with bolts. Whatta Hobby!

Re: Changing bullet types for the season.

Will be using 46 gn of Varget with the 135 Sierra fb for awhile. Shot a few 100 yd 10 rnd grps rapid fire this morning using one of my M14 type rifles off a bipod checking for consistency with barrel heating. We are good to go.
    Upper left was 9 shots cold clean bore with scope correction for the one hit in the X. Rest were just fun for the moment. The lone shot on the center bull was with another rifle I am working on. Whatta Hobby!

Varget test..jpg
    Last edited by nf1e; 05-13-2023 at 06:56.