Thread: Swiss K11 came just yesterday

Default Swiss K11 came just yesterday

I am excited to have this rifle. It's better than I thought it would be. GB purchase from a great seller.

DSC00034.jpg
    DSC00035.jpg

The striping in the wood got my attention. It looked like the metal finish was good too.

DSC00038.jpgDSC00040.jpg

I was happy to see how good it looked when I got the wrapping off. Figured I should look down the barrel.
    Took it out in the sun and put a piece of paper up against the bolt for reflection. Picture doesn't describe how bright and sharp the bore is. My heart actually (almost) skipped a beat.
    Note the packing arouond the barrel.[edit] Note the packing around the barrel. I thought this was some kind of accuracy trick but since this is new to me maybe that's the way they did these rifles.

Have to try and give a little history: The linage of Swiss long rifles. Aside from the real old and clunky, there was the 1889 and then the 96 and then the 96/11 and then the 1911. The guys wanted a shorter rifle for convenience. There was the Kadet and the shortened 1911 which was the K11 (hope I've got some of this right). This is the rifle you see above. After that came the K31.
    I've had a few of them but never a K11.
    Last edited by dryheat; 04-21-2023 at 12:33.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

Nice rifle.

From your post, I take that you have had K31s in the past. Is there any reason why you went with a K11 instead of the K31? Do you plan on shooting this rifle?

Beautiful rifle. The Swiss made really fine firearms and the end users maintained them meticulously. Great buy.

Tiger stripes are always a "plus".

Quote Originally Posted by gpb View Post
    Nice rifle.

From your post, I take that you have had K31s in the past. Is there any reason why you went with a K11 instead of the K31? Do you plan on shooting this rifle?
    Yes, I picked up a K31 years ago for $150. I'd never seen one before. I have another that I won't let go of. A couple 1896/11's. I had the idea that the long sight base would equate to better accuracy. Didn't seem to help all that much. I will be taking this rifle out in a few days to try out. I never owned a K11 before but I like to try out different things.
    The striping in the wood caught my eye. I thought I would redo the wood and make it look real sharp, but I'm a little torn on messing with a rifle that looks good as it is and it's history.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

Where the wind comes sweeping down the plain

I have a nice K31 I bought probably 20 years ago that I've never shot.
    Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.― Mark Twain