1. Default 2023 update - Tumbling off the sixing wax

The only use my vibratory tumbler gets these days is removing sizing wax with a 10-15 minute tumble.
    I have no more corn cobb left so I'm wondering what we are buying these days.
    I remember from old postings, pet store & and Harbor Freight deals.
    Whats the best advise for today?

Wal Mart sells corn cob kitty liter.

I've read about it, seen it, bought it, but haven't tried it yet because I seldom use corn cob these days.

Seems like the stuff I bought was labeled as use in hamster cages.
    Last edited by Allen; 03-17-2023 at 09:51.

PetSmart used to sell Lizard Litter. ground walnut shells. its what i use but they were 20lb bags and i use it for about 3-5 tumbles before throwing out and i usually do BIG BATCHES of brass at once so it lasts a long time. last time i bought it was $20 for 20lb. (taxes extra of course)

Where the wind comes sweeping down the plain

Quote Originally Posted by Ltdave View Post
    PetSmart used to sell Lizard Litter. ground walnut shells. its what i use but they were 20lb bags and i use it for about 3-5 tumbles before throwing out and i usually do BIG BATCHES of brass at once so it lasts a long time. last time i bought it was $20 for 20lb. (taxes extra of course)
    Places like eBay and Amazon will have this stuff too.

For years I used the cheapest long grain rice I could find at the grocery store . . . . .
    Tumbling brass in it left a nice, “rice coating” that retarded tarnishing the brass if stored long term.