Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

That is why my hand gun of choice is a revolver.

Blog Entries

never heard it in the show,, but there was a lot of comments,
    police said he was very remorseful, apparently he had removed the mag, but did not have trigger discipline, (one comment made by LEO)

nothing hurt but the carpet in the lobby,

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    never heard it in the show,, but there was a lot of comments,
    police said he was very remorseful, apparently he had removed the mag, but did not have trigger discipline, (one comment made by LEO)

nothing hurt but the carpet in the lobby,
    So you were at the Hampton show?

If it can happen to Barney it can happen to anyone...

Blog Entries

I do every one,

one of the better shows in VA, (had a good weekend)

had a ND at the Nations Gun Show back in the fall, dude did not check his firearm, ,dropped a mag, and pulled the trigger by accident,
    put a divot in the floor, and the ricochet cut a guy on the leg,

Miss that show. I still watch the old episodes but pretty much have every word memorized.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I watch that show (2 eposides) on Me tv almost every night. My mother's family was from Statesville Nc, just south of mt. Airy. Mom had a teacher at Chapel Hill that taught Andy.
    Dad went to school with Roman Gabriel at NC state , said he was a real womanizer...

Where the wind comes sweeping down the plain

Actually, the reason Andy only gave Barney one bullet was because that's all he needed.

Despite the Fife character's hot-headedness, and nervous demeaner, he was supposed to be an Army-trained crack shot with a pistol.

Yeah, just some stupid Andy Griffith trivia.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnboomer View Post
    Yeah, just some stupid Andy Griffith trivia.
    OK, for trivia think about this:

Andy and Barney were sheriff and sheriff's deputy. This would have been for the whole county yet they seldom mention police work in other towns. They pretty much never left Mayberry.

The mayor was Andy's boss on the show. This is not the case in real life. The mayor is the boss of a town's police chief, not the county sheriff. I read just last year or so that was one of the things Andy Griffith hated about the show---he didn't want a boss and by rights didn't have one.

Mayberry had NO police department but having their own PO, bank and mayor it could be assumed Mayberry would have been an incorporated town (if real).

'Inspectors' at the show shouldn't allow anyone in line to "mess" with the pistol. When Bubba shows up with a pistol on his belt that should be a little signal. Carefully hand it over to the inspector.

Who hasn't removed the magazine and then pulled the trigger? About a million people, me included, and my brother, and a friend of mine, and a buddy who is a safety instructor. That's just in my little world.
    Revolvers aren't perfectly safe either. You've got six rds. in the cylinder. You cock the pistol. How do you letter hammer down without setting off a rd.? Very carefully. It's not like in the movies, like where what's his name got his training.

When I was a kid, Boy Scouts and high school kids managed to use firearms and not hurt any humans(mostly). Now, you can't draw a chalk picture of a gun and misaligned kids shoot little children because they are all twisted up from not playing outside enough.
    Anyway, I've been witness to two(whatever that term is) shootings at a gunshow(Phoenix). Both resulted in an innocent person getting wounded. Really, it doesn't happen all that often.
    Last edited by dryheat; 04-03-2023 at 10:27.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.