Default Lewis & Grant Auction - Lot 37 - M1882 Parts

Was anyone here the successful bidder on lot 37 - M1882 trigger guard and bands - in the Lewis & Grant December timed auction which closed on 12/31/22, or know who it was? I am extremely interested in speaking with that party ASAP. Thank you very much.

Thanks to the kindness of a friend here, they have surfaced and I'm on the trail. May get that darn thing built yet!

Hopefully you will get them🤞

Keeping my fingers crossed. I did win the receiver assembly from L&G but have not yet received it (long sad story there, which I may tell some day after the dust has settled).

Any up date here?

Picked up the receiver assembly at the PO this morning, after a disappointing experience with L&G. I was warned by three people not to do business with them, and if you had to, watch 'em carefully, but, one has no control over where the artifacts pop up. In any event, all is as well as I could hope for. I was told that the block had the friction ring, but the extractor did not - this turned out to be true. However, the machining of the knuckle was not like the one other M1882 block I've seen - but, it was nicely milled, not drilled, and the metal patina was perfect and old, it wasn't cut any time recently. Actually, it is a blessing, because I can now fix it with a simple bushing. The rest of the parts turned up on Ebay, and, thanks to a REALLY helpful seller, I won all of them - should get them by Friday. I will really have no excuse now for not finishing this project this Spring, and it will have a lot more original parts than I'd envisioned when I got the hare-brained idea about 40 years ago.

Glad you got them all Dick!!
    Last edited by Carlsr; 01-26-2023 at 11:21.