Thread: Loading a few 115 Bergers

Default Loading a few 115 Bergers

Finished case prep and priming on 250 this morning so I can load up some .308 115 gn Berger FB over 45 gn of Norma 201. Tried this recipe and it worked well in a few different rifles. Whatta Hobby!

115.jpg

Nice Art! I've got an M1A socom enroute. Been looking for a lighter load to tame the muzzle blast on that beast.
    Not reloading yet, so am looking at Hornady 125gr. AMAX. Any thoughts on that?

Quote Originally Posted by pickax View Post
    Nice Art! I've got an M1A socom enroute. Been looking for a lighter load to tame the muzzle blast on that beast.
    Not reloading yet, so am looking at Hornady 125gr. AMAX. Any thoughts on that?
    Should work very well. I have had excellent results from anything 110 gr and up to the 175s. I prefer the lighter bullets with flat base for my short range accuracy loads.

Thanks much, I plan to use it as a truck gun mostly for coyote encounters in northern Maine summers and fall. They are hell on the deer, most deer tracks have the "coy dogs" on it.
    The seller is including a SEI flash hider and threaded conversion tool for more blast control.
    Hoping for 200 yd. accuracy, does that fit in with "short accuracy"?

Edit- I misread a review and looks like the Hornady 150 gr. SST are the only loaded rounds available.
    When primers become available, I can load up some 125's
    Last edited by pickax; 01-03-2023 at 10:48. Reason: addition