Thread: I bought a LEAD

Default I bought a LEAD

I won this on Gun Broker(I hate gun broker- There's that hate again).
    This post war rifle was redone by Letterkenny in the year 1965.
    I've always been a fan of rebuilds, whether LEAD, SA or a couple of others. Marked or not.
    I paid more than I am comfortable with. That's my clever disguising of the last digit.

DSC01625.jpg
    DSC01627.jpg
    Last edited by dryheat; 07-08-2022 at 09:18.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

Congrats, now shoot the snot put of it! lol

Blog Entries

if it makes you feel better, I got a screaming deal on a Korean Era M1C,

Beautiful rifle. LEAD's are just really nice. I have one ... SA 5.9 w/ 65 barrel. Really got to wonder about such late production receivers being rebuilt. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

Quote Originally Posted by bruce View Post
    Beautiful rifle. LEAD's are just really nice. I have one ... SA 5.9 w/ 65 barrel. Really got to wonder about such late production receivers being rebuilt. Sincerely. bruce.
    Yes, you have to wonder what the point of refinishing perfectly good rifles was. Maybe it was experimental, and we are the beneficiaries.
    I've owned a half dozen beautiful rebuilds and sold them. Some were way better looking than this one. If you are in the gun business and like to do it, then guns come and go. A really smart gun dealer keeps them for twenty yrs. and then sells them. I've never been good at business.

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    if it makes you feel better, I got a screaming deal on a Korean Era M1C,
    Lyman, I've gone to the CMP get up at Ben Avery in Arizona. They would bring out the C's and D's for [too much money]and didn't get any buyers.
    Now, I have a Swiss K11 that has a marketed scope on the right side of the receiver. It's weird and needs some kind of adaptor but it is crazy accurate. It's Swiss fer Chris sake.
    My rifle is worth three grand(you haven't seen the wood). I hope you paid less than 2K for that model C.
    C's and D's, I have to go to the books.
    Last edited by dryheat; 07-09-2022 at 09:53.

At some arsenals if a weapon came through it was marked whether rebuilt or not. Rock Island Arsenal and Ogden Arsenal were two that marked everything. There are a lot of as new 03-A3 rifles with OG stamped stocks. Also, it appears that a group of original Colt 1911A1 pistols in the 1.10 million range went through Rock Island and were marked. I have no idea about Letterkenny, but the photograph doesn't look like the very light gray finish used at Letterkenny.
    Last edited by Johnny P; 07-14-2022 at 07:17.

Your right aboujt the finish. It is a little darker than the "classic" rebuild silver grey.