Default Rimfire challenges.

For any of you rimfire precision shooters out there we are open to any comers on the M14 Rifle Association Lima range rimfire challenges. Found on M14BR forum.

Been out working on the 10 dot 1/4" dots at 50 yds today. Came to the conclusion that of all the different ammo I have available, only 2 are capable. Will try to shoot a sample target later in the week. Using my Kimber 52G with 45x45 Sightron scope, I did a pretty reasonable job. Found only ELEY tenex and ELEY Silhouex could make the cut. None of the different Lapua I had on hand could cut the mustard. Tried Lapua Midas, SK match by Lapua and Wolf match extra by Lapua and all were found lacking for this challenge.

This is one of my entries for last month.

10 dot 4 30 22.jpg

So, here is my practice target for the 50 yd 1/4" 10 dot challenge. Yes, it is humbling. Rifle used is my scoped 82G with ELEY tenex. After sighting in on the first dot I did manage a 0-8, but had to work for it. Me thinks some trigger polishing is in order. Shot off my three legged shooting table with a front rest and rear bag. Whatta Hobby!

Humbling.jpg

Having a ball this morning between wind gusts practicing for the 50 yd 10 dot rimfire challenges. Found my scores have improved since I stopped using The Rock front rest and returned to the bipod.Whatta Hobby!

5 22 22 10 dot 1.jpg5 22 22 10 dot.jpg

Last practice target for today. Way too hot for this fat boy.

5 22 22 10 dot 2.jpg