Thread: rack grade

1. Default rack grade

Anybody know where they came from and what to expect from the current sales going on at cmp .

Who knows. The CMP doesn't talk about that any more. They did get a bunch of rifles from the Philippines a while back that ranged from pretty nice to scrap for parts.

The last I checked the CMP was mostly assembling rifles from available parts with new manufactured barrels and stocks.

3. Default

They are also using new manufactured parts in their builds too.

Makes me happy knowing I got my service grade garands ($400 each) a few years back!

Quote Originally Posted by Major Tom View Post
    Makes me happy knowing I got my service grade garands ($400 each) a few years back!
    Me too! . . . .

My last CMP “service grade” M1 set me back $112.70 DELIVERED!

6. Default

With the amount of pitting that is showing up on these, I'm assuming they are PI returns.....

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Shomway View Post
    With the amount of pitting that is showing up on these, I'm assuming they are PI returns.....
    What about the barrels looking for a shooter

8. Default

From the CMP Forum the barrels are showing readings in the Service Grade range. These are luck of the draw and what we see now might not be what you get later....

Quote Originally Posted by Shomway View Post
    From the CMP Forum the barrels are showing readings in the Service Grade range. These are luck of the draw and what we see now might not be what you get later....
    As of today the only M1 rifles available at the CMP are "Expert Grade" in house builds. This, of course, could change before the close of business today. Things can change at the CMP on a daily basis so if you see something you want don't wait too long to "pull the trigger."
    Last edited by Art; 05-16-2022 at 10:21.

10. Default

As of this morning, Rack Grades are also available and have been since 4-24 at $650.....
    https://thecmp.org/sales-and-service/m1-garand/