Default Full clean on another 10-22

Dug another 10-22 out of one of my safes. Been in there for a long time. This one has a TacSol fluted barrel and is in a Hogue rubber stock. Light as anything.
    Removed the action and started a major cleanup. Pulled the trigger group and bolt, took the barrel off. Everything was going great until I started cleaning the bolt. When I took the firing pin out I dropped the return spring. That's the little bugger is maybe 1/8 or less x 3/4 of an inch. Took over an hour off and on to find the elusive critter. Ended up under another bench 6' from where I thought I dropped it. Anyhow, the action was full of really sticky goo. No idea where it came from but gunsolve wouldn't even touch it. Had to use kerosene and a scrub brush to soften the stuff and clean things up. Even the trigger parts were glued together. It was almost like hardened cosmo. Shop hand cleaner won't take it off my hands. I know, should have been using rubber gloves, but for a 5 min " right" cleaning job that took a couple of hours I wasn't expecting. So , got everything back together and stuck a 2.5 - 8 Leupold on it to use in place of the Fastfire III dot that was on it for the pool ball thing. Whatta Hobby!

10 22 in Hoage.jpg

I wonder if an ultrasonic cleaner would have helped clean the trigger group? I'll bet you have one.

For those little steel parts that bounce or roll under something, this is what I use that comes in handy.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/22172652500...wAAOSwv0tVFM8S

Rocks !!!! We don't have them here by nature. The only ones you'll see are those that's brought in to stop erosion in ditches or for jetties along the coast line. I know you wouldn't shoot directly at them but do you have any problems with ricochet?

As a matter of fact I have a nice Lyman Turbosonic 6000 withing arms reach of where I was cleaning the 10-22. Have all sorts of different cleaning liquids too. Never even thought of it. With the heater on, it will clean most anything. Haven't messed with pistols in years so I sort of forgot it was even here. Duhhhh!