Default Ruger Race Rifle out of retirement.

Don't know if anyone is familiar with this type 2 decade old Ruger Race Rifle. It was a special edition around 2004 with just over 1k produced. Used to shoot a lot of silhouette stuff back then. Replaced the Ruger receiver with a Volquartsen after about the first year of competition. Has a nice spiral hammer forged custom bull barrel with superb bluing. And of course the fancy stock. What a hoot to dig this old girl out of retirement for more rimfire fun. Expecting delivery of a Sightron 5-50x60mm scope today to nail on the top. Whatta Hobby!

RRR 1.jpgRRR 2.jpgRRR 3.jpgRRR 4.jpgRRR 5.jpg

New scope came in and has been mounted. Sightron 10-50x60mm. Pulling a few patches through the bore to get her ready for action. Whatta Hobby!

RRR 6.jpg

Blog Entries

jumping jimeny crickets,

that is a lot of scope,

of course, saying that as someone with a handful of Unertl's and Lyman's

I am liking the Sitron line at least for now. I put a 45x45 on my 82 G and now this one. For a grand a copy I am not complaining. Could buy 4 for what I paid for my Night Force Beast.

Practicing for the 50 yd 1/2" 10 dot today with one of my 10-22s. This one is a Ruger Race Rifle with Sightron 10-50x60mm and using ELEY SILHOUEX ammo. Best I could squeeze out was a 3-6. Just couldn't seem to get my breathing and trigger pull coordinated. Whatta Hobby!

10 dot 4 23 22.jpgRuger RR 2.jpg

Good choice on that scope. Bring out what the gun can actually do.

It always amazed me that people would put the smallest, cheapest, POS scope on the rifle they more than likely shot the most. These tiny little scopes usually have horrible eye relief and un-clear optics as well.

22's don't need smaller scopes.

I do have a NF 4-32x50mm that I move around from rifle to rifle. This Sightron along with another in 45x45 are my primary rimfire rifle scopes now. Oh yea, I have a Leupold VXIII in 6.5-20 with a target dot
    on another 10-32. Whatta Hobby!

IMG_4748.jpg
    Last edited by nf1e; 04-23-2022 at 12:49.