Default Fierce pair of pigs fend off a BLACK BEAR who climbed into their enclosure

Don't hog their pen! Video shows fierce pair of therapy pigs Hammy and Mary fend off a BLACK BEAR who climbed into their enclosure

A ring video camera captured a curious black bear climb into an enclosure in New Milford belonging to therapy pigs Mary and Hammy

The moment the black bear makes it inside, the white hog named Mary wastes no time slamming into the bear, pushing it around as it struggles to balance
    When Mary is done with the bear, Hammy the black hog, who up until then had been inside an attached shelter, charges at the bear, cornering it

The hogs don't back down, staring down the bear - who then makes a dash for it, climbing out of the pen as fast as it jumped in

The incredible confrontation in a Connecticut backyard all went down while owner Rebecca Shaw was inside her home

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...LACK-BEAR.html

Maybe the bear just wanted to be friends. Domestic pigs are smart will defend themselves aggressively as will wild boars. I see javelina a lot in AZ and they are smart enough to figure out how to open my horses footlocker where her treats are stored. Not sure how aggressive they are. What say you Dryheat?

I thought it would be fun to see how close I could approach the group one night. They all ran off except for the big boar (we all know they aren't of the pig family). I backed up and he kept coming. It ended up with me jumping into the pick up bed.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

You are correct. Not pigs - peccaries, although there is some resemblance to pigs. I have seen a herd of javelina a few times roaming around my sisters property in Cave Creek, AZ. We went to a wildlife zoo near Cave Creek a few years ago that housed various local wild animals. They had several captive javelina on display inside a fenced area that was being visited by several wild adult sized javelina that were outside the fence. They moved a short distance away as we approached and patiently waited for us to leave before returning. They were not aggressive and were probably looking for some of the food that was inside the fence.
    Last edited by Merc; 03-22-2022 at 05:29.