Default Working on a few stocks.

Waiting on a call from my FFL to pick up 3 LRB receivers from a group buy a year ago. They have been at his abode since Thursday last. That's what happens when stuff gets delivered during hunting season around here.

A bit wet out this morning so I added a NM stock ferule to one of my composite M14 stocks that do not usually use any. A little cut here and a nip there with a rotary file, a smidge of epoxy and I think we have it Watson. Set the ferule center of where the action moves and dropped it down slightly for 10 lb of draw.

Added a second coat of paint to a couple of USGI fiberglass stocks. These were one orange and the other red. Whatta Hobby!

Stock ferule 1.jpgStock ferule.jpgStocks.jpg

Kinda off topic, but they are in your pictures. Whay HF receivers are those?

I have three R-390s sitting in my radio area. Still need to finish that up. In my former life I was a 05H20 by MOS.
    Last edited by Hal O'Peridol; 12-08-2021 at 01:39.
    Enfield, everything else is just a rifle. Unless it's a Garand.

Long pig, it's what's for Dinner!

Quote Originally Posted by Hal O'Peridol View Post
    Kinda off topic, but they are in your pictures. Whay HF receivers are those?

I have three R-390s sitting in my radio area. Still need to finish that up. In my former life I was a 05H20 by MOS.

That would be Collins KWS-1 transmitter on the bottom and 75-A4 receiver on top. My mos in the Corps was 6216 F4 Comm/Nav/Ident. Been a ham for 60 years now. Whatta Hobby!