Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Colin Powell

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny P View Post
    The vaccination does not totally prevent the covid, but over 90% of those that die from the covid have not had the vaccine.

As mentioned he had two other deadly complications, and may have just had covid when he died.
    Americans have to argue about everything. I mean EVERYTHING. Colin(kind of an unlucky name like Crapo)Powell was someone I liked to listen to. Couldn't tell you a thing he said, but I remember that I liked his presentation. He was an old man. He had numerous afflictions. He got Covid and he died. End of story. Sort of. Covid is new. It is running amuck. That's what's different about it. We have all had the flu. We haven't had Covid-19. If your old and you die you can find someone(not you) to blame your death on the Vaccine. End of story. Actually, I hear the plague is playing it's self out some. With no help from naysayers who are mostly people who want to use someone else's death(whether old or not) to cement their argument.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny P View Post
    The vaccination does not totally prevent the covid, but over 90% of those that die from the covid have not had the vaccine.

As mentioned he had two other deadly complications, and may have just had covid when he died.
    Totally agree.

The vaccine won?t prevent infection. 99% of the time, it will prevent serious illness and death by ramping up the immune system. We will all be exposed to COVID at some point in time. Many vaccinated people will become infected by the virus, and develop some minor symptoms that last for a short time and might isolate for a while until the symptoms are gone. Others will be asymptomatic so they are unaware of their infection and continue to circulate in public and spread the virus. That is the real danger to the anti-vaccine crowd.

Speaking as a non-American I can say that he was highly respected. My view, and perhaps that of others, is that he was someone who put his loyalty and his efforts to the betterment of his country, rather than to the betterment of a particular political party or an ideology. That leads to progress based on compromise (noting that no Party or ideology is perfect) rather than to confrontation and gridlock.

You believe Fauci ? Most who died were suffering from some disease. Covid merely finished them off.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Ottawa View Post
    Speaking as a non-American I can say that he was highly respected. My view, and perhaps that of others, is that he was someone who put his loyalty and his efforts to the betterment of his country, rather than to the betterment of a particular political party or an ideology. That leads to progress based on compromise (noting that no Party or ideology is perfect) rather than to confrontation and gridlock.
    Thanks for the kind words for a neighbor American, however, he supported obama and biden and look what the 2 of them have done to the betterment of his/our country. He was also anti-Trump who was pro-military. What military leader (from this country) could possibly be loyal to his country but support biden?

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Thanks for the kind words for a neighbor American, however, he supported obama and biden and look what the 2 of them have done to the betterment of his/our country. He was also anti-Trump who was pro-military. What military leader (from this country) could possibly be loyal to his country but support biden?
    Totally agree.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    So, he was aligned with most of the country and the world.

Let's Go Allen!
    "The first gun that was fired at Fort Sumter sounded the death-knell of slavery. They who fired it were the greatest practical abolitionists this nation has produced." ~BG D. Ullman

8. Default

By the time most read this it will all be over , Gods speed General .

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Roadkingtrax View Post
    So, he was aligned with most of the country and the world.
    Either Powell played the race game and switched his party affiliation to democrat to support Obama because of race, or he had already lost it and continuing to support looney tunes Biden. Not a well thought out decision.

The world is behind Biden? Admittedly, the tee shirt and cap manufacturers do love Biden. LET'S GO BRANDON!

Not a well thought out post. Powell was a gentleman.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.