Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Uncut op rod

If you can find it, the Danish surplus 30-06 ammo is the best ever! It is berdan primed tho, but comes in a wood crate of 600 rounds all packed in bandoliers and M1 enbloc 8 round clips. I had 3 crates of it at one time long ago.

Cool. Thanks!
    We’ve still got a sh!t load of rounds of Iranian surplus and a sh!t load of rounds of Korean that was taken out of machine gun links though.
    Last edited by Fred; 10-16-2021 at 08:26.

During WW2 the M1 rifle had somewhat of a problem with operating rods cracking at the joint where the handle meets the body of the rod as I know that you are already aware of. The percentage of cracked rods must have been very low as the milled radius in the corner was a modification introduced fairly late. There were, however recorded cased where the rod handle cracked so badly that the rod actually had to be replaced. I am sure that this was a fairly rare failure.
    Uncut rods are high in demand by collectors so it might be a good idea to get a modified rod for range duty or general shooting. They are also getting to be quite spendy.
    J.J.

Thank you J.J. For the Sound advice that I will certainly take.