Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 9 mm

I've got several that I will carry but pretty much anything under the size of my Ruger Redhawk is ok to me. My Glock 48 is small and holds 7 shots with 2 spare mags, the Glock 17 with a full standard mag works just fine but I still have several 10 round mags that I could use with it plus they work great in my Ruger 9mm carbine to. My advice is be flexible and you wont have any problems finding something you might like.HTH
    BudT
    Last edited by BudT; 08-21-2021 at 08:21.
    I DDUW BO'R DIOLCH

2. Default

Have owned several 9mm "carry guns" over the years, and the one I kept was a Glock 19. Not too small and not too large. Absolutely reliable. 15 round magazine, but you can load just 10; you probably won't be getting into a Dade County type shootout.

3. Default

I want to thank you guys for your input. I went to a store that had a lot of pistols. There is no pistol shortage in NJ. Once I saw the Beretta 92 FS everything else was like a Star Wars gun. I picked it up today $702 out the door. Going to the range ASAP. Thanks again/.
    The trouble is,You think you have time.

Buddha

4. Default

Agree on the Glock 19. Owned a bunch of 9mm's, and for set it and forget it the Glock is the best I ever owned. Take it out every few months and run a box through it, and it never misses a beat.

5. Default

I went to the range with my new Beretta FS last week and was the only person there. Cherry Ridge Range in NJ. Google it. Range master said have fun and left on his golf cart. Good thing I bought my 1911 and Python. I could not get more than 1 bullet into the Beretta mag. Range master came back and he tried and got 2 into mag and said I needed a mag loader. Did not know about mag loader. Just picked up a Uplula. Works great. I like the Beretta a lot glad I bought it.
    The trouble is,You think you have time.

Buddha

Re: OP. The FS is a great pistol. Shoot it till the world comes to an end and it will still be ready for whatever comes through the apocalypse and beyond. 9mm ... eternal round. It is one of the oldest and most effective service calibers in existence. Personally, I long ago settled on the 9mm as what I preferred for the bedside table, in the car traveling on the road and in my hands if and when a serious situation might require a armed response. I bought the Sig 2226 Legion which has proved faultless through about 3,000 rounds (give or take). As with your Beretta, POA is POI using common ball ammo. Magazines are easy to find and moderately priced. Getting the last round into new magazines can be a bit of a pinch, but that Uplula makes it a non issue. Enjoy! Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."