Default Heads up, Naval Aviators....

Some years ago I inquired regarding a USN aviation battle during the Korean War, there was no feedback.

Recently, I found a You Tube" post by a Carroll Ward {]USN Pilot - retired], that shed light on the incident.

It seems that the USS ORISCANY & the USS HELENA were operating off the Korean peninsula and did a strike on a NK harbor and

later in the day noticed a flight of seven M15's departing the Vladivostok area and turned towards the USS ORISKANY and group,

A four plane flight was launched and climbed thru clouds and confirmed the seven contrails heading towards them, the third and fourth planes were recalled for a mechanical situation and the first& second with ahead, until recalled to establish a "air defense perimeter over the ships".

The flight lead, eventually made contact and damaged one mig and received fire from two others, engaged those and recieved fire from his 6-oclock, after expending his ammo.

The author of the website, meet with the pilot at a recent "Tail Hook" event and got the complete story and located Russian documents confirming the story. of four down aircraft by a single USN pilot. It was buried so to prevent wwIII breaking out of "a simple police action".

So, now there a petition for up-grading the SILVER STAR the pilot was awarded to the CMH, but the paperwork is stalled by inaction, of a Biden appointee, due to the sphincter tightening situation of the recent Joseph Biden asinine debacle.

Review the You Tube presentation, and consider getting involved.

I believe this is the video.