Thread: An anomaly

Default An anomaly

Shooting today and this happened.
    Attachment 49453Attachment 49454

Not high pressure but a primer cookie cutter the firing pin dia and cut out of the center of the primer and stuck to the firing pin for 2 more rounds making very strange strikes and probably erratic ignition= chity group. I managed to get the piece to dislodge out of the firing pin hole in the bolt. Not something you see every day.
    Bud
    I DDUW BO'R DIOLCH

No, not a common problem. But, when it happens, getting it straightened out can be a bit of a problem unless the needed tools are near to hand. Looks like you had what you needed! Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

I managed to fix it without any tools. I reinserted a spent case into the chamber and pulled the trigger then ejected the empty and checked the firing pin hole and yep it was still plugged. I then close the bolt and pulled the trigger on a empty chamber, when I opened the action a tiny piece fell out and into the carpet I looked and the plug was gone. Gun fixed. If it happens again i'll take it to my smith to see about getting the hole smoothed up and or the firing pin tip altered.
    I DDUW BO'R DIOLCH

Also have him check the hole size in relation to the firing pin diameter. The hole should not be over .005" bigger than the firing pin diameter.
    J.J.