Thread: 9mm brass

1. Default 9mm brass

Ever seen 9 brass with crimped in primers?

Blog Entries

Military contract

Has anyone seen military 9 brass for sale lately?
    Sam

Blog Entries

I've picked up some IMI, LC and others in various estates in the past year,

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by S.A. Boggs View Post
    Has anyone seen military 9 brass for sale lately?
    Sam
    my understanding is the .gov does not sell once fired any more, it is all (regardless of caliber) run thru a shredder and sold as recyclable,

5. Default

I do not remove primers on once fired cases until I size them to use. I purchased 24,000 cases from a NY firing range. All of the pistols used were new; mixed in with the pistol cases were 30/30 and 223, the shooters were Government but not Military.

F. Guffey

Looking for brass? Might try www.coastlinebrass.com. Don’t know if prices are reasonable or not.

J.cook in SC
    “Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.” (Luke 22:36)

Quote Originally Posted by fguffey View Post
    I do not remove primers on once fired cases until I size them to use. I purchased 24,000 cases from a NY firing range. All of the pistols used were new; mixed in with the pistol cases were 30/30 and 223, the shooters were Government but not Military.

F. Guffey
    Capitalism at work.

The military has been recycling brass for a long time. Federal civil service agencies didn't pick up their brass when I was doing the do and as far as I know still don't. When they shoot on public ranges they leave it there, the same goes if they use a P.D. range. I know the Houston P.D. used to pick up all brass on the range, ours included, and reload it for training and qualification.
    Last edited by Art; 06-05-2021 at 04:43.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Art View Post
    Capitalism at work.

The military has been recycling brass for a long time. Federal civil service agencies didn't pick up their brass when I was doing the do and as far as I know still don't. When they shoot on public ranges they leave it there, the same goes if they use a P.D. range. I know the Houston P.D. used to pick up all brass on the range, ours included, and reload it for training and qualification.
    Charlottesville PD and Ablemarle county, when they used our private range (Rivanna Rifle and Pistol club) left brass, usually policed and tossed in the can or left on the table for anyone,

someone told me recently that the .gov was not selling off brass any longer,, it was all run thru a shredder and sold as recyclable brass, not reloadable brass

no idea if that is true

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    Charlottesville PD and Ablemarle county, when they used our private range (Rivanna Rifle and Pistol club) left brass, usually policed and tossed in the can or left on the table for anyone,

someone told me recently that the .gov was not selling off brass any longer,, it was all run thru a shredder and sold as recyclable brass, not reloadable brass

no idea if that is true
    From what I have found out, it is.
    Sam

10. Default

They cleaned the range of cases, boxes, Styrofoam organizers in 35 gallon barrels. I was glad to get the barrels and Styrofoam organizers , 25% of the cases were 38 Special +Ps.

Years before that purchase the 25,000 lot I found FA national Match 30/06 cases at a salvage yard in New Jersey. I was tempted to purchase all of the cases but decided against the urge. I started on 60 cases and then I was told there was a recall on FA National Match brass because of a short cut in annealing so I put the FA brass in the collector drawer. I do not believe there was a problem with all FA brass during that period.

The next batch I found was given to me by an old friend that asked me to clean out his shop, if there had been something wrong with the brass he would found the weakness.

F. Guffey
    Last edited by fguffey; 06-14-2021 at 07:31.