Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How typical

Those are million dollar bears.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

Their heads are low when they're charging so the idea with spray is put it low so it bounces up and they run into the pattern. Does it work? I hope I don't ever have to find out!

But I'd trust to spray on a charging bear sooner than a double action .44

Good vid, practical no-nonsense info.

Quote Originally Posted by togor View Post
    Their heads are low when they're charging so the idea with spray is put it low so it bounces up and they run into the pattern. Does it work? I hope I don't ever have to find out!

But I'd trust to spray on a charging bear sooner than a double action .44
    How about trying out the spray and giving us a report.
    Sam

5. Default

How about trying out the spray and giving us a report.
    There was a man that traveled with President Teddy Roosevelt named Abernathy that carried on demonstrations on dealing with Wildlife in the wild. In one demonstration he fought a wolf bare handed. To most observers the routine looked doable until they were turned loose on the wolf. After that they were hollering for someone to get the wolf off of them.

I have had dogs that wanted to chew on people, me included so I tried the Abernathy method, about that; I will tell you he who hesitates is bit. It was about that time I was told I owned an Alabama leg dog. I sent the dog and my wife to obedience school. On the day of graduation I attended' it was about then the instructor informed me both of them failed. He did make me feel good about the dog, he said in all of his life he had never seen a dog like that one. And I wondered if the dog was responsible for her low score. I still laugh about the times she regretted taking both of us with her.

F. Guffey
    Last edited by fguffey; 06-03-2021 at 09:16.

Quote Originally Posted by fguffey View Post
    There was a man that traveled with President Teddy Roosevelt named Abernathy that carried on demonstrations on dealing with Wildlife in the wild. In one demonstration he fought a wolf bare handed. To most observers the routine looked doable until they were turned loose on the wolf. After that they were hollering for someone to get the wolf off of them.

I have had dogs that wanted to chew on people, me included so I tried the Abernathy method, about that; I will tell you he who hesitates is bit. It was about that time I was told I owned an Alabama leg dog. I sent the dog and my wife to obedience school. On the day of graduation I attended' it was about then the instructor informed me both of them failed. He did make me feel good about the dog, he said in all of his life he had never seen a dog like that one. And I wondered if the dog was responsible for her low score. I still laugh about the times she regretted taking both of us with her.

F. Guffey
    Animals, including humans, sense fear and will attack. If you get a hype, spray has little deterrence same with calibers.
    Sam