Default Low recoil reloads for 45acp

I have a S&W M&P 45acp. My full house reloads would not be competitive because of harsh recoil. The competition is similar to cowboy action shooting where they use reduced loads for faster sight alignment. The reduced loads would have to be accurate and able to fully function in my pistol. I appreciate any suggestions.

I have a colt M1911 as well as a Sig 1911. The two of them are stock 5" barreled pistols. I have been using 4.6 grs. Bullseye under a 185 gr. plated or plain lead bullet Mild recoil but reliable function in both pistols.
    Bullets are Berry's 185 Gr. plated RNHB and lead are Missouri Bullet Bullseye #2 185 gr. SWC.
    Remington cases for Bullseye #2
    Federal cases for Berry's
    Reason for this is bullet diameters are slightly different and I want to maintain the same neck tension on both.
    J.J.

P.S.
    Velocity of this load is 801 F.P.S and power factor is 148. Nice accurate load with mild recoil.
    Last edited by J.J.; 05-21-2021 at 08:23. Reason: Add velocity and power factor.

Blog Entries

Modified IDPA? (no power factor?)

know any Bullseye shooters? they typically use lighter bullets and no worried so much about speed as they are accuracy,

and most reload,

that would be a good resource,