Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Garand ammo

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by togor View Post

As for chambers, I use the same reamer (Manson) for '03 and M1 barrels and nobody has ever suggested that's a boo boo.

and I have barreled and rebarreled lots of M1's and 1903/1903A3 using the same reamer, (well actually, 2 reamers, the first one was dropped and chipped, so we bought another,,) since the 80's w/o issues,
    even use the same headspace gauges that Uncle Sam used,,, in all 3
    Last edited by lyman; 04-06-2021 at 12:00.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by k arga View Post
    F. Guffey, could you please explain to me what the difference in the chambers of the 03, 1917 and the Garand is ?
    thanks kurt
    Arga, "please explain to me": Yes sir but I want you to notice the consciences is there is no way the ones that nailed it can be wrong. The M1 Had two chambers. To avoid the gnashing of teeth I will send you an email.

F. Guffey
    Last edited by fguffey; 04-05-2021 at 09:21.

The combination of a heavy bullet and slow powder, perfectly fine for a bolt gun, give the high port pressure in the Garand. Pretty much what everyone already knows, that once you get north of 175 grains in bullet weight, it gets trickier to keep both ends of a Garand barrel happy, without resorting to some help.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fguffey View Post
    Arga, "please explain to me": Yes sir but I want you to notice the consciences is there is no way the ones that nailed it can be wrong. The M1 Had two chambers. To avoid the gnashing of teeth I will send you an email.

F. Guffey
    Why over-complicate the subject?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by togor View Post
    The combination of a heavy bullet and slow powder, perfectly fine for a bolt gun, give the high port pressure in the Garand. Pretty much what everyone already knows, that once you get north of 175 grains in bullet weight, it gets trickier to keep both ends of a Garand barrel happy, without resorting to some help.

- - - Updated - - -

Why over-complicate the subject?

fixed your original post and edited mine, for future reading, don't want to confuse anyone,

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    fixed your original post and edited mine, for future reading, don't want to confuse anyone,
    Yes agree don't want to cause an unintended mistake. Thanks to the CMP newcomers are still getting into Garands. Good to see!