Default Finishing up prep on a few hundred O6 cases.

A few different varieties of brass getting ready for the year. I like the old match ammo, no swaging.
    So far all have been sized,swaged,pocket uniformed and trimmed. Ready for priming later on today. I like the old Rock-Chucker for swaging. Will use the Forster for more gentle tasks like loading.

Whatta Hobby!

case prep 4.jpgcase prep 2.jpgCase prep 1.jpgcase prep 3.jpg

I have been trying to use up some of the boxes of old primers that filter down into the bottom of ammo cans I store them in. Today I found all CCI 200 primers are not the same size.
    Used up the last of the green box and opened a new brick of the blue box. What a difference seating them. The Greens went in so hard some of the tops flattened. The blues slide in with just the right amount of friction. Thought I was just loosing the strength in my hands. Haven't used the greens since I used to prime with a press. Boy using a hand primer tool they were a bear. Last of them are in 06 cases for loading when I decide just what I want to load them with.

Primers.jpg

I really enjoy shooting the 30-06 loaded with 110 gr bullets moving at just over 3k fps. I usually run 1500 to 2000 down the range per year mostly with my 03-A4 repro prone. Love shooting AR-500 prairie dogs at 150 yds. Great way for this fat boy to get some exercise.

Whatta Hobby!