Default Might have another one

Stopped at the gun shop and they had just secured many older handguns and one caught my eye. A 4" S&W M28 almost identical to the one that I carried as a young deputy. This one had the small grips instead of the large ones mine had. I am going back in tomorrow and talk to the owner to see what kind of deal she will cut with me.
    Sam

My brother has a couple of those with the 6" barrels. They normally come standard with the small (magna) grips. Many chose to install the target grips, trigger and hammers.

A fine weapon with a lot of "meat" between the chambers on the cylinder. They can handle quite a stout load.

My only complaint about any 357 with a 4" barrel or less is the noise. My ears just can't handle the sharp "crack" sound they produce. Ear protection isn't always available. I shoot 38 specials in them instead but that's just my 2 cents worth. I have several 2" snub 38 revolvers ranging up to the 357's. I just shoot the 38+P ammo in everything.

Keep us posted.

Gun is a consignment and the price is $679.00 Not a bad looking weapon and I am still pondering on it.
    Sam

They're running between $695 and a grand on Gunsinternational. 9 grand for a "presentation" one with a shipping letter to General Hatcher. snicker.
    Being on consignment may or may not give the dealer a bunch of wiggle room.
    "N" frame grips can't be terribly hard to come by. Gunparts is showing mostly plastic though. It seems a lot depends on what frame shape it is. Round or square.
    A net search for 'S&W N frame grips' turns up a lot of selection.
    Spelling and grammar count!

Blog Entries

walk in a drop down 6 bills and see if they will bite,

the small grips are called Magna grips, (grips are the same size as the frame)

the Targets are the oversized,

I don't recall Smith ever making a Round Butt mod 28, I am fairly sure they did with the 29

"...don't recall Smith ever..." Advertised as such on the assorted auction sites and forums. Most Smiths don't fit my hand no matter what grip I try. It's very sad. Had a 19 I never could get to fit right.
    Spelling and grammar count!

I use Pachmayer professionals on my k frames most often. Hogues on n frames. Every now and then I treat myself and order a pair of wood grips. 0D0CFECB-E3E6-43D4-82B0-85B09D7CDF0B.jpg
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**