Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

fguffey, maybe you should read my post again. I didn’t mention Rock Chucker, line-bore, cam over, bump press, alignment or the precision of the Rock Chucker. Your post supports what I originally said, any chance to run down someone or to pat yourself on the back about your knowledge.
    Final comment, you are to educated for me to attempt to converse with you. You are the greatest!!!!

John in SC
    “Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.” (Luke 22:36)

2. Default

You are the greatest!!!!
    Thank you.

F. Guffey

Quote Originally Posted by fguffey View Post
    . . . Euclasites: That would be the book of vanity it is written it is far better to receive the wrath of a wise man than the rhetoric of a fool. . .
    The Book of Ecclesiastes
    1:2 Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity.
    7:5 It is better to hear the rebuke of the wise, than for a man to hear the song of fools.
    9:17 The words of wise men are heard in quiet more than the cry of him that ruleth among fools.
    If we must cite scripture, let's at least spell the book right.

Ecclesiastes. 9:17 The words of wise men are heard in quiet more than the cry of him that ruleth among fool..

Hmmm. Reminds me of somebody..

John in SC
    “Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.” (Luke 22:36)

5. Default

If we must cite scripture, let's at least spell the book right
    1:2 Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity.
    "saithe the preacher"

Normally I quote the page number instead of chapter and verse in an effort to get the reloader to get his hands out of his pockets.

John Cook continues to spout hate; I said "thank you". That was my short speech, I do not believe he would appreciate my long speech any more than he did my short speech but 'JIC' I am wrong I will try my long speech.

Thank you very much.

F. Guffey

6. Default

Back to line-bore, all presses are line board, for years and years I have said the RCBS Rock Chucker was not a cam over press, I have said the RC is not a bump press. No one has offered any proof the RC is a cam over press, they choose to spout hate, if the RC was a cam over press it would also be a bump press. It can not be one or the other.

Most of my work has been done on a Rock Chucker, when I use the RC I understand it jams up/lock up when the ram hits the bottom of its travel; that means nothing to anyone but when my ram hits the bottom the ram is kicked forward at the top and at the same time the ram is kicked back at the bottom. If the ram was in the line board part of the press that would be impossible.

I could ask; "what does this mean?" It means I would be wasting the reloaders time because they do not know.

F. Guffey

7. Default

Back to MY ROCK CHUCKERS: My RCs lock up and or jam up when the ram hits the top of its travel. No one members but in the beginning the misalignment was caused by the Chinese when they started making Rock Chuckers. All Rock Chucker rams are kicked forward at the top and rearward at the bottom when the ram is at the top if its travel. I understand there is no such thing as deductive reasoning in reloading.

I have suggested reloaders 'get to know your Rock Chucker'; that did not work because before they got to know the Rock Chucker they started telling me how wonderful the Forster is. The linkage on my Rock Chuckers goes into a bind when the toggle hits the linkage. The bind prevents cam over.

Before I started cussing the darkness: I installed a full length sizing die into the top of the press and a shell holder on the top of the ram and then started over. Before I eliminated the forward kick of the ram at the top and reward kick at the bottom I had to install a case into the shell holder before raising the ram.

The case aligned the ram of the press with the full length sizing die.

F. Guffey

RCBS and Dillon are good i had Lyman no more dropped the Lyman #55 Powder Measure broke the handle called them up to order new handle they would not sell me one said new laws because it measures powder can't sell it but can sell me a whole unit total BS