Thread: Imr sr4759

Default Imr sr4759

At a garage sale, I bought a large box of reloading supplies. Included are 2 1lb cans of IMR4759. What cartidges can be loaded with this powder. I reload 44mag, 357mag, 9mm, 30-06 45 colt and AR15 .223. Thanks for any help!

Want a quick reply, contact the manufacturer.
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.
    Author unkown.

It's a cast bullet rifle powder.
    I DDUW BO'R DIOLCH

It's supposedly good for reduced loads in .30-06. It's also been discontinued in 2014ish apparently. No data for it on Hodgdon's site.
    The cans still sealed? If they're not, it's probably best to dump the stuff in your garden. It may or may not work.
    Spelling and grammar count!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sunray View Post
    It's supposedly good for reduced loads in .30-06. It's also been discontinued in 2014ish apparently. No data for it on Hodgdon's site.
    The cans still sealed? If they're not, it's probably best to dump the stuff in your garden. It may or may not work.

good advice,

if not sealed, you don't know what other powders may have been introduced into that bottle,

Quote Originally Posted by lyman View Post
    good advice,

if not sealed, you don't know what other powders may have been introduced into that bottle,
    Very sound and safe advice to follow as one NEVER knows how powder was stored.
    Sam