1. Default Two photos of my CMP 1911A1

Hey Guys,
    I took some poor photos the night when I saw the pistol at my FFL guy's house. The lighting is low so these are not so good. But it's what I have now.
    I can't take possession of it till the 10 days are up.
    In this state that means 240 hours from when the paper work was started. So at 6:21:15 pm Sunday I can bring it home and clean it up and take some better photos.
    Have It, Hold It, Mine.
    Here is what I can see from the photos;
    I got my RNG number, 12028, on Feb. 27, 2019 (about a year ago). I got THE call last week and my M1911A1 is now at my FFLs. It is a Rack grade.
    It has a Colt frame No. 907466. It has a slide stamped 7790314 on the left and 53397 on the right side. The CMP tag on the pistol says it is a GI Replacement Slide.
    When and Where were these made?
    The frames right side has a M-B stamped on/over the crossed cannon Ord. wheel. OB 76 is marked near the slide stop pin.
    The finish is a dark gray park. that is very fresh (not scratched or skuffed to much). The stocks are in great shape. Looks like it has a Ithaca hammer.
    There is cosmoline grease oozing out of it. I will know more Sunday night.
    So I'll post what I find out then.
    Glad to be Back,
    Over, John Mello
    Attachment 47206
    Attachment 47207
    Last edited by John Mello; 02-29-2020 at 11:13. Reason: photos didn't attach

2. Default

I can't get the photographs to show on the post. Sorry. jm

3. Default

Thanks for the posting. I was wondering how long things take when your number comes up.

4. Default

John
    Congratulations on your M1911. My RGN is 13432. I applied in 2018 and got my number in February 2019. Well yesterday I got a message from CMS on my answering machine that I was eligible to buy a M1911. I was surprised. I called back and left a message and am waiting for their call back. Take some Pics of your when you get it.t
    Does anyone know if they are still working on the original 10,000 or have they received additional M1911s?

Your Colt receiver will have the initials of Brig. General Guy H. Drewry, G.H.D.,stamped on the left side above the magazine release. The slide probably dates from the late 1950's/early 1960's time period.