Thread: Hi cost of ammo- for military tanks,also..

1. Default Hi cost of ammo- for military tanks,also..

War is expensive. Cheapest usa tank main gun round is $750 and highest is $8500 plus. The tank itself is a multi-million dollar purchase. IIRC, the most expensive main battle tank is around 6 million, and the cheapest, what, 3.5 or 4.5.

USS Zumwalt cancelled it's main gun after the cost of one round zoomed from $60000 to 800000 after the ship purchase was dropped from 33 to 3. The purpose was precision long range land bombardment. The options now are to use a more conventional gun with the round at 60000 each , go to a rail gun, or stuff the ship full of missiles. I think they will go with missiles to fight off sea borne problems.

Everything is so complicated. And, I do mean everything.

2. Default

Has there ever been any attempt to calculate, or estimate, the cost of Bush's War Against WMDs? I mean, SO FAR, as it's still going on!

And here I am upset as it is costing me 15 cents to reload .45ACP!
    Sam

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERX-M1 View Post
    War is expensive. Cheapest usa tank main gun round is $750 and highest is $8500 plus. The tank itself is a multi-million dollar purchase. IIRC, the most expensive main battle tank is around 6 million, and the cheapest, what, 3.5 or 4.5.

USS Zumwalt cancelled it's main gun after the cost of one round zoomed from $60000 to 800000 after the ship purchase was dropped from 33 to 3. The purpose was precision long range land bombardment. The options now are to use a more conventional gun with the round at 60000 each , go to a rail gun, or stuff the ship full of missiles. I think they will go with missiles to fight off sea borne problems.

Everything is so complicated. And, I do mean everything.
    The American war machine can afford it. Our Gov'ts priority is these overseas wars that are going nowhere. All this money wasted and for what? War mongers say it's for freedom, but at whose exspence? I have my opinion and now I'll probably hear yours!
    M1a1's-R-FUN!!!!!!!

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by shadycon View Post
    All this money wasted and for what?
    Well, we got rid of Saddam's (non-existent) WMDs, & created the chaos that led to ISIS! We got rid of Col. Gadhafi's stable dictatorship & turned Libya into another chaotic disaster & ISIS recruiting center! We "liberated" Bosnia, turning it into a terrorist training camp sending terrorist fighters to Iraq & Syria!

But when we come up against an enemy that can fight back hard--China--we turn the other cheek.

Quote Originally Posted by clintonhater View Post
    Well, we got rid of Saddam's (non-existent) WMDs, & created the chaos that led to ISIS! We got rid of Col. Gadhafi's stable dictatorship & turned Libya into another chaotic disaster & ISIS recruiting center! We "liberated" Bosnia, turning it into a terrorist training camp sending terrorist fighters to Iraq & Syria!

But when we come up against an enemy that can fight back hard--China--we turn the other cheek.
    You lead the attack on China. I'll cover you from here.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Vern Humphrey View Post
    You lead the attack on China.
    If the Navy had given me command of some US vessel, I'd have anchored it in the international waters that China has now turned into a naval base & let them decide what to do about it. Too late now that the base has been built, but when they were just beginning to dig up the ocean floor to build it, I think it would have stopped them in their tracks.