Default Commemorative 2020 rifle Trumpisher.

Just starting work on my new Trumpisher. This rifle will utilize my last SA/Bula receiver. It will have a USGI SA bolt, trigger group, op rod and late USGI SA rear sights, an LRB/ Criterion 18.5 1/10 parked barrel, USMC unitized gas cylinder with LRB brake on the end. Stock will be SA Walnut presentation grade from Fred's.

Last edited by nf1e; 05-09-2020 at 12:46.

Barrel and a few other small parts showed up today. Stock is scheduled for delivery tomorrow.
    Today was an outside day. Finished cleaning up the garden and dumping 30 bags of composted cow manure on it. Next, probably in the morning will fire up the roto-tiller and get ready for planting. Managed to spin on and index the new barrel before quitting time.

Hum ... the Trumpisher! Cool! Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

All together and headspaced, waiting for ups to deliver the stock from Fred's.

Got a SA walnut presentation grade stock in from Fred's yesterday. A little scrubbing with linseed oil and I think it might just work out.

Stamp is light, but it's still there.

Had my friend do up a nice reconditioned HRA op rod for the Trumpisher.

"We The People", "Keeping America Great". Had a ball assembling these commemorative rifles. Looking forward to many more in the que.

Just came in from the Trumpisher's first range visit. Function fired 25 rnds. First 5 were at 50' to get the rough scope settings then moved to 100 yds for the next 20. Used my 4x Redfield on an old Bassett mount. Ammo is 136 gr fb over 45gr of 4064 in DAG cases. Temp 40 deg with range flag showing 1/2 to full from 8 to 10. I think this rifle might just be decent after it gets broken in.
    Target on left was rnds 6 -16 on the new barrel. Right target was 16 - 26. Moved poi up and to the right for the right target. Needs just a tad more elevation next time to keep em all in the X.

Last edited by nf1e; 05-09-2020 at 12:37.

Still working on the stock, an early SA walnut. Coming along nicely with BLO and maintaining the as issued appearance.

Very nice,love the Op-Rod.