Thread: Pistol Powder

Default Pistol Powder

Right now I have enough powder to complete 8,000 .45acp and a case of .44 Mag. I am looking into powder for the winter session as I don't reload in the warm months. Jeff has a pretty good deal on what appears to be Lovex from the Czech Republic. If I buy in quantity I can get it for about $16/lb. which beats what is available locally.
    Anybody know of anything else available?
    Sam

I never heard of Lovex powder. I've always used Bullseye, Unique and 2400 for most of my handguns.

You got my curiosity up so I looked for info on line. In other forums it is mentioned that people that try it like it but the overall conversation is in fact that no one knows much of any thing about it. Here is one site that has a little info.

https://explosia.cz/app/uploads/2016...g_Lovex_EN.pdf

Shooter's World is the importer with a good site for information. I am going with the BR-2 from Jeff as Jeff advised me that the reloading data for Accurate #2 is compatible. The data is acceptable and the price outstanding. With my handguns I am not long range shooting just minute of chest so target accuracy is acceptable. I usually bought powder in 8lb. jugs so that I could save on my shooting. I had money to spend, not enough time to do the shooting that I wanted. Now the shoe is on the other foot so I am looking at ways to shoot and keep my cost down. Buy 6 kegs is how I have been doing things and guard myself against future increase cost or unavailability. Now that .22 is plentiful I am buying cases whenever possible and salting away for our use.
    Sam